• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is no "boom" other than the sound of $150/bbl oil drums and...if you think the Saudis/OPEC were rich when oil was $40/bbl, can you imagine how they are rolling in the cash now?

The above post is correct, but, there is a caveat to it. That is, the 15 airframes RPA has sitting from Frontier as of the end of next week are used for other uplift. If not, I predict pilot furloughs in the 150-200 range in August. I do not believe BB will bleed cash out for those leases/notes/labor costs with those crews on the payroll and no revenue coming in. Look for a solemn letter regretfully announcing furloughs if no uplift is found for those airframes.

I hope I'm wrong, but unless he nails down some extra flying from consolidating code-shares or charters, he will have to set up triage.

T8

You bring up a great point. I wonder about using those E175 for some charter operations? That could be possible in todays market for sure. I dont see getting more flying with everyone cutting back. But if you could get those on with NCAA Division 1 schools for sporting events etc that could be a good thing for ya'll. I mean as well all know a student athlete would fit better in that then xjets E145's.

there's quite a few up for sale...makes no sense letting them go for spares when you can sell em and get rid of the payments....payments on a jet doing nothing is substantially more than a 1st yr FO gets paid

there's quite a few up for sale...makes no sense letting them go for spares when you can sell em and get rid of the payments....payments on a jet doing nothing is substantially more than a 1st yr FO gets paid

Thus why if you dont get rid of them, you'd have to get rid of a lot of FOs? Hopefully though you all will sell them off over seas. If not who knows what will happen. Right now it will be real hard to place those anywhere. Its why it was hard to make sense of taking delievery of that last one you have sitting there in INDY. I just shook my head on that one.

Republic just hired 50 Mechanics according to a few people I spoke to last week. That is quite a few in one shot. Some might be replacements and some might be for expansion. The Flight attendants were also just given some memo's to put in there manuals that lead everyone to believe that some different flying is coming down the pike. When questions were asked in PIT the response was " Don't worry about it" I don't think we are going to be furloughing
anytime soon. I don't think we are going to hire as vigorously as we did last year, but in this day in age, nothing would surprise me!!!!

Talked to an S5 check airman yesterday. He's expecting to fly in July and be locked in the box after that.

Hate to rain on the party but here is what we know.

obviously things at shuttle will get busy.

Delta 175's start coming on the property in late summer. They will have to staff for them accordingly.

Where will they get the pilots?

well, for each 175 we gain for Delta, we lose a Delta E-135. Sunday is it for the Frontier 170's. Then starting late this year we will start losing all 24 CRJ's for Continental, I dont see any signifigant hiring at all the rest of 2008 at Republic. only guys in transition training from 135 captain to Shuttle Captain.

All of the Frontier planes were 170's. We don't have any excess 175's.

Hate to rain on the party but here is what we know.

obviously things at shuttle will get busy.

Delta 175's start coming on the property in late summer. They will have to staff for them accordingly.

Where will they get the pilots?

well, for each 175 we gain for Delta, we lose a Delta E-135. Sunday is it for the Frontier 170's. Then starting late this year we will start losing all 24 CRJ's for Continental, I dont see any signifigant hiring at all the rest of 2008 at Republic. only guys in transition training from 135 captain to Shuttle Captain.

The story that BB told at recurrent was that he was asked by Delta to keep the 135s around for a while longer - even though he has people lined up to buy them.

Latest resources

Back