• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic gone in 2011?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bottom line: I am worth better than a staple. Yesterday, today and tomorrow. I, (with FAPA’s help) am fighting the only battle available to me at present to preserve the integrity of this industry. Even if my new company goes out of business tomorrow, I will still be worth more than a staple. No matter what happens now, or twenty years down the road, I am still worth more than a staple.

Arjayfo, I don't disagree with much of what you write. I am curious though, if our People department showed up over there and told everyone at Frontier that our we were running a new hire class every week for the next year, and we would start filling them with Frontier people...no questions asked, how many would jump? Honest question...would you take the deal and staple yourself, or hang on because you're worth more than starting over at another airline? You are not always wrong to accept a staple; it depends on the situation. I know the Lynx guys were ecstatic about the proposition.

You guys were facing at least a 20% furlough and the bottom of our list; I can definitely see why you would have reservations. Best of luck to you, and I do hope it works out for you guys.

Dolce, They hardly ever do. I hate to say it, but my screen name has the potential to be applicable again. ;-)

As for whether or not I would make that jump now, I understand the point you're trying to make, but everything is too hypothetical to make that call. Would I consider it, yes. But that doesnt mean yes. I despise commuting, and moving is not an option for me, believe it or not, that would be a huge factor. I thought you guys would have opened a domicile here months ago.
Upgrade would factor in as well. Money is nice, but for me personally it is only a small component of total qol. I will say this, you've got us beat on job security for years to come. Until then, like all of us, i'll just keep rolling those dice. Ive got multiple babies who need a new pair of shoes.

Last edited:
And shag, if you could convince your PD to actually make that offer, it might just be the most effective way to bring down F9 to date. Cant say for sure, but i think you might have a few takers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back