Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic/Frontier/Midwest SLI Arbitration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
F9 certainly does, a flow wouldn't be a bad idea. The YX pilots were sold down the river before RAH showed up but I agree, they deserve much better as they have been hosed the worst with the current situation. How exactly does Lynx deserve better? It was a regional, a WORSE regional than even native RAH was. I have a feeling that Lynx pilots, CA's specifically, will come out waaaay ahead. Why do I believe that? I don't think that the SLI arbitrator is going to take away anyone's seat which means the Lynx CA's, nearly all of which are junior to many of the native RAH FO's, are going to be remaining in the left seat, only now it will be into an ERJ of some type at a significantly better pay rate than they could have ever expected at Lynx.

So yes, F9 and YX pilots deserve better. You got two out of three correct.

so one pilot group deserves to get screwed and bent over? Why? Because we are just "turboprop" pilots? We had a great company, pay notwithstanding. Great people, great pilots, great airplane, great CP. It was a great place to work. Pay was going to be improved.

In the end, I'm hoping this all works out for everyone. But I'm not holding my breath. I think in the end, only the Undercover Boss will win.

so one pilot group deserves to get screwed and bent over? Why? Because we are just "turboprop" pilots? We had a great company, pay notwithstanding. Great people, great pilots, great airplane, great CP. It was a great place to work. Pay was going to be improved.

In the end, I'm hoping this all works out for everyone. But I'm not holding my breath. I think in the end, only the Undercover Boss will win.
I said nothing of the sort and who the "F" cares what type of equipment you fly?!?
I did ask you why you think the Lynx pilots deserve better. Better than what? There are several integrations taking place but I can break them down for you. Regional (you and me) and LCC (YX and F9). You clearly don't support a seat grab by native RAH (me either) but yet you group yourself (Lynx) in with the airline supposedly having their seats grabbed (F9).

F9 certainly does, a flow wouldn't be a bad idea. The YX pilots were sold down the river before RAH showed up but I agree, they deserve much better as they have been hosed the worst with the current situation. How exactly does Lynx deserve better? It was a regional, a WORSE regional than even native RAH was. I have a feeling that Lynx pilots, CA's specifically, will come out waaaay ahead. Why do I believe that? I don't think that the SLI arbitrator is going to take away anyone's seat which means the Lynx CA's, nearly all of which are junior to many of the native RAH FO's, are going to be remaining in the left seat, only now it will be into an ERJ of some type at a significantly better pay rate than they could have ever expected at Lynx.

So yes, F9 and YX pilots deserve better. You got two out of three correct.

While I hate to argue with a fellow Illini(ILL- screw OSU).. I take exception with the statement that Lynx was a "WORSE" regional. We had worse pay rates. We had better schedules, better work rules, and most importantly management that respected us. I will take that over a few bucks an hour any day of the week. However I will agree that we were a regional and should be integrated appropriately with the other regional(RAH). To say that many of our pilots were junior based simply on DOH is unfair though, as most had extensive other experience. We came to Lynx hoping for a great operation which for 3 years we got. And contrary to many rumors at the time of acquisition we were making money hand over fist and expected to retain our options.. I don't understand people who say we had "no career expectations".

And while I appreciate the optimism I don't think Lynx CA's or anyone else will come out as well as you think.

cale

But usmc your missing one important thing and the only thing in our contract that's halfway right. We have a scope clause

embraerjetpilot,
I am aware of your scope clause and I agree it was a good thing to protect your group against a Gojet or Freedom situation. In otherwords, it was designed to not allow outsourcing of YOUR flying.

The problem is that it was not designed to take flying from others, especially flying in a different class and craft. It was not conceivable that a regional holding company would buy a mainline branded airline and that your scope would be used out of context to catapult your careers at the expense of the mainline pilots.

Its clear that Frontier Airlines is the future of RAH as it has been selected to be the platform going forward (live or die). Its what we brought to the table. We don't want anything except for what we already earned. We don't want anything you've got. We just don't want to have anything stolen from us either. That's why FAPA and Bedford want to keep things seperate at any cost.

USMC Funny you mention Bedford..

Any thoughts on the facts that the 195s next year willl come with 118 seats while your 318s are going away with 120 seats? Not one bit. You and FAPA still fail to see the full potential of this management group. Sadly, I dont feel it will be too long till it happens.

USMC Funny you mention Bedford..

Any thoughts on the facts that the 195s next year willl come with 118 seats while your 318s are going away with 120 seats? Not one bit. You and FAPA still fail to see the full potential of this management group. Sadly, I dont feel it will be too long till it happens.

Why the ******************** would BB bring 195's into the mess if he has to defer 19 seats on them anyway? They are nothing more than a carrot to get the lifers to accept a 1-2 dollar an hour pay raise and maybe a 50 cent an hour raise for the first officers.

embraerjetpilot,
I am aware of your scope clause and I agree it was a good thing to protect your group against a Gojet or Freedom situation. In otherwords, it was designed to not allow outsourcing of YOUR flying.

The problem is that it was not designed to take flying from others, especially flying in a different class and craft. It was not conceivable that a regional holding company would buy a mainline branded airline and that your scope would be used out of context to catapult your careers at the expense of the mainline pilots.

Its clear that Frontier Airlines is the future of RAH as it has been selected to be the platform going forward (live or die). Its what we brought to the table. We don't want anything except for what we already earned. We don't want anything you've got. We just don't want to have anything stolen from us either. That's why FAPA and Bedford want to keep things seperate at any cost.

Fair enough. What did RAH bring to the table? Seriously guys we all need to get over this, fast.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back