• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic E 170 Capt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's kind of like the old common sense saying regarding ice......

If you can't walk on it, you sure can't drive on it.

freaking hats!!! just like a condom...

Did he look like he was older (in his 40s), walked with his chest sticking out?

Nope, and with that kind of sense, he may not make it into his 40's...

Gotta love the No Hat thing.
Both of mine are in my locker at the airport, just in case it's required again, for some dumb reason. Those of us with hair, get serious hat hair messing up our gel jobs upon application. Course, maybe this dude had just gotten out of the shower and wanted a last moment fingering opportunity for his do?

Finished a 3 day trip today in the bus at ORD heading to the parking lot.
There sits a Republic Capt...Mighty commander of the E 170.
Bus is now waiting at C9, while a UAL 767 pulls into the gate.
The bus, as instructed, does NOT CROSS behind a UAL 767 with a beacon on, and one engine running as they wait for the rampers to plug in gate power.
The Capt, in full uniform, hat, flightcase, rollaboard asks the bus drive to let him out at C 9, since maybe he was late for his flight to DSM?
Bus driver, didn't hesitate one second when rear door of the bus clicked open.
Then comes the funny sad part.
E 170 Capt then decides to walk IN BACK of the 767, that had one engine powered WAY UP while waiting for ground power to be plugged in...
Only two pilots in the bus watching, myself and the other pilot on our 3 day, along with our FA and another FA from another airline.
Look, I am not the smoothest beer in the case, but even I KNOW< you don't walk in back of a 767 that has an engine running.
Then, I wish I had a video cam running.
Republic Capt's hat blows off, and his flight bag twists around his rollaboard and he trys to figure out just how stupid this move was, and to continue thru the jetblast, or go get his hat that has blown half way to terminal 2. His gutt move was to retrieve the hat, which had him even LONGER in the jetblast.
All of us, on the bus, just figured that this guy was intellegent enough to go in FRONT of the B767 running, not behind it.
Judgement....
To make this thread into something positive, what have you done in a similar fashion that was dumb dumb dumb and you wished you hadn't?
You're an idiot. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen other pilots from other airlines doing things that were mucho less than smart. Not to mention me........it happens. You, obviously, have an issue with RW guys so just say it. You little internet punk. Here is the answer to your "positive" message you claim you were after. How about saying to the pilot, "You might want to wait because that there airplane has his power WAY up waiting for ground power". Then the pilot may have thanked you for looking out for him, as we all should do. But you, sleezeball, are more concerned about pointing fingers on an internet site where you know nobody has a chance to beat your little punk ass into the ground. WAY into the ground. Get a life punk.

You're an idiot. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen other pilots from other airlines doing things that were mucho less than smart. Not to mention me........it happens. You, obviously, have an issue with RW guys so just say it. You little internet punk. Here is the answer to your "positive" message you claim you were after. How about saying to the pilot, "You might want to wait because that there airplane has his power WAY up waiting for ground power". Then the pilot may have thanked you for looking out for him, as we all should do. But you, sleezeball, are more concerned about pointing fingers on an internet site where you know nobody has a chance to beat your little punk ass into the ground. WAY into the ground. Get a life punk.

Oh my god man chill out. If I saw someone about to do that I wouldn't say anything either, unless it would cause injury. Watching someone's hat and bags go flying across the ramp is too funny for me to stop it from happening.

I'm tired of stupid people saying everyone else should look out for them. People should know better than to walk behind a 767 with its engines running.

Yes, stupidity should be painful regardless of which wings you wear.

But the "Mighty commander" bit did kind of stand out.

this is a good time for a blanket statement pilot group joke:

If it was a:

Skywest pilot, his sunglasses and backpack would have blown off.

Mesa pilot, his windbreaker and plywood board would have blown off.

Jetblue pilot, his green card would have been blown out of his pocket.

RAh pilot, their reverend BB issued catholic crusader lanyard would have blown off their neck.

DAL pilot, their double-breasted blazer would still look
perfect after it all.

SWA pilot, we'd be short 1 more annoying US flag tie.

GoJet pilot, his dignity would have been lost....wait- they already lost that? oh.

any others?

Latest resources

Back