• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ATL will be closing next year. ASA is slated for CR9's with the 76 configuration.

Is this true? They just opened it! I have an app in there but if they close the ATL base that takes away most of my reason for applying there. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?

not likely. Bedford finally got the 175's for delta with the 12F/64C config coming on property mid 2008. Seriously doubt ATL will be closing

I finished class mid August and will be in CMH for November. A guy 2 senority spots ahead of me in my class got CMH right off the bat and held a line his first month there. This was on the Chautauqua side, btw.

ATL isn't going anywhere.
IND and CMH are limited by virtue of the fact that they are OUTSTATIONS, which can only support a limited amount of flying. Even UAL will reach their limit with the DH'ing that goes on from these bases. Having said that, there are alot of guys in these bases, who would rather be elsewhere, they can't get out just yet.

GSO and BUF have been "closing" for 2 years now. The problem with RP is that it is tough to move between their certificates and aircraft. I would not go to RP for the bases, but if you think its a good company and b/c it has decent upgrade time.

ATL isn't going anywhere.
IND and CMH are limited by virtue of the fact that they are OUTSTATIONS, which can only support a limited amount of flying. Even UAL will reach their limit with the DH'ing that goes on from these bases. Having said that, there are alot of guys in these bases, who would rather be elsewhere, they can't get out just yet.

Well, this morning there were two flights leaving IND, both going to ORD. One left at 6:55 am, the second left at 7:00 am. Practical limits seem to not apply to outstation basing.

Without looking it up, I'm willing to bet that one was delayed from 6am for some reason - hard to believe that they were scheduled that way.

Latest resources

Back