Republic Bases

buckeyeflyer

Total Time
Some
I just wanted to get a little feedback. I am thinking about applying at Republic and I was wondering how junior CMH, and how hard it is to get CMH based out of training? I would appreciate the info, thanks!

Axel

CHQ (EMB-145) 73 FO's in base. 33 with '07 hire dates. 3 with 8/07 hire dates still in training.

Shuttle (EMB-170) 42 FO's in base. 12 with '07 hire dates. 4 with 8/07 hire dates still in training.

Don't know the ratios of class sizes to CMH assignments, base choice based on class seniority (DOB). Nor do I know how many are "in the pipeline" but do not yet have their names on the base lists.

Last edited:

TAWS

RAH crew transport
Total Time
enough
Should be easy to get - it is not one of the popular bases.

Capt10Matt

The dude abides
Total Time
How hard is it to get Indy? What's the breakdown of FO's in Indy?

greedypilot

Obama-nation
Total Time
On the Republic side, there are less than 30 FO's. Not sure about CHQ or S5

flyer172r

Total Time
If you get hired for S5 you probably won't have any problems getting Indy.

Uncle Bunkle

Total Time
xxx
If you get hired for S5 you probably won't have any problems getting Indy.
Not so fast my friend. Apparently no new hires getting Indy for S5 for quite some time now. All has to do with the recent little "issue" which has come up. Less flying out of Indy means no movement there for a while.

ifly4u

Total Time
ATL will be closing next year. ASA is slated for CR9's with the 76 configuration.
Is this true? They just opened it! I have an app in there but if they close the ATL base that takes away most of my reason for applying there. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?

king10pin02

Left seat warmer
Total Time
not likely. Bedford finally got the 175's for delta with the 12F/64C config coming on property mid 2008. Seriously doubt ATL will be closing

RX7 PILOT

Where'd Who Go?
Total Time
I finished class mid August and will be in CMH for November. A guy 2 senority spots ahead of me in my class got CMH right off the bat and held a line his first month there. This was on the Chautauqua side, btw.

TAWS

RAH crew transport
Total Time
enough
ATL isn't going anywhere.
IND and CMH are limited by virtue of the fact that they are OUTSTATIONS, which can only support a limited amount of flying. Even UAL will reach their limit with the DH'ing that goes on from these bases. Having said that, there are alot of guys in these bases, who would rather be elsewhere, they can't get out just yet.

stooge

RJ Stooge
Total Time
GSO and BUF have been "closing" for 2 years now. The problem with RP is that it is tough to move between their certificates and aircraft. I would not go to RP for the bases, but if you think its a good company and b/c it has decent upgrade time.

flyer172r

Total Time
ATL isn't going anywhere.
IND and CMH are limited by virtue of the fact that they are OUTSTATIONS, which can only support a limited amount of flying. Even UAL will reach their limit with the DH'ing that goes on from these bases. Having said that, there are alot of guys in these bases, who would rather be elsewhere, they can't get out just yet.
Well, this morning there were two flights leaving IND, both going to ORD. One left at 6:55 am, the second left at 7:00 am. Practical limits seem to not apply to outstation basing.

TAWS

RAH crew transport
Total Time
enough
Without looking it up, I'm willing to bet that one was delayed from 6am for some reason - hard to believe that they were scheduled that way.