Republic and AMR in talks about "large RJs"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Odds are crj to help mitigate the delta crj drawdown
Either way, good for the overall company. I personally think XJET/SKYW is in as good or better position than any other regional going forward.

Actually, whatever levity might have came out of the end of Lynx was probably because it meant Bedford and the boys in Indy couldn't try to whipsaw existing Republic pilots against an even worse contract. Seriously, there's plenty of rage to go around on this board, but you choosing to make your last stand on the ruins of a company that flew Q-400s at Great Lakes wages suggests at least a mild delusional state.

Last edited:
admit it: Republic killed Lynx and your pilot group laughs about it because "we were just turboprop pilots"

Your forearms must look like Popeye's...*after* he eats his spinach!

admit it: Republic killed Lynx and your pilot group laughs about it because "we were just turboprop pilots"

Nobody here is celebrating the death of Lynx. Anyone with a mildly functional brainstem agrees that dumping the Q's was a colossal ******************** up. One of many colossal ******************** ups.

Actually, whatever levity might have came out of the end of Lynx was probably because it meant Bedford and the boys in Indy couldn't try to whipsaw existing Republic pilots against an even worse contract. Seriously, there's plenty of rage to go around on this board, but you choosing to make your last stand on the ruins of a company that flew Q-400s at Great Lakes wages suggests at least a mild delusional state.

you're talking about a company that had 100% cancellation pay, never deadheaded us, 2/1 duty rigs, allowed us to slide vacations 3 days in any direction, hotels that weren't near the airport, etc. That more than made up for the poor compensation, which was heading in the right direction.

One of your captains, I think his initials are TE (KC based guy) told me that Lynx guys should have been stapled to the bottom. Pretty sure that's a reflection on the rest of your pilot group

One of your captains, I think his initials are TE (KC based guy) told me that Lynx guys should have been stapled to the bottom. Pretty sure that's a reflection on the rest of your pilot group
I once knew a guy that loved crown and coke. He was an arsehole. I'm pretty sure that makes you an arsehole too.

See how ridiculous that sounds? Now re-read your post...I quoted the applicable section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Republic Pilots,

Go ahead and get that fourth stripe on your jacket and order those shiney new wings. Your about to take over ALOT of AA Mainline flying.

I'm sure you commuters will recieve a warm welcome on the AA Jumpseat as you smile and say "hello" on your way to work.

Your CEO (Republics) has said about the 1113 to AA pilots hard earned contract, "We think it's good news for us" or something to that effect.

Tell your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend......"I'm flying for American now".

At some point in this process, mark my words....there will be a picket line of AA pilots coming to your Airport to Defend this profession....be sure to come by and say hi!

Latest resources

Back