• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Airlines to Operate Embraer 190AR Jets for Midwest Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wonder if they will fly though ATL. Not in and out but through. It has been a fear of mine with this whole MEH mess.

They don't have a hub in ATL, so no feed except to fly back to MKE.

Would all mainline carriers stop selling out scope!!!!!
Seriously.... No more 900's, E-190's, 175's, etc.... nothing
I know nothing has changed at DAL/NWA and other carriers that have what's left of their scope, but as ACL said it could happen. No one will ever get to the majors if this continues, every a/c will be flown by a damn regional, which I work for. Let this be a wake up call.

Let it rip....

Not Good ...

No, it isn't. The LGA-DCA deal was explained to me that the Amtrack Acella has really cut into Shuttle numbers (both USAir and DL), and USAir has A319s doing those legs which is a better fit than the MD88. Now that we have NWA planes that are smaller (DC9 or A319), that problem could be addressed. The BOS to LGA legs are still full on the MD88s. IF the loads actually are lower due to the success of the trains, what do you do? I guess lower the prices, which is what we just did. Those are slot controlled fields (DCA and LGA), and it is good to keep those slots. I wish the E175s weren't on them, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I agree, however enough of us don't.

Have we had a recent vote on the issue? Nope. I think we should. With the addition of the NWA guys who have always been a bit more militant (I say that in a good way), maybe our MEC can wake up and see what the majority of us want. More pay is great, but not at the expense of lost scope.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Well General, we had several recent votes that asked our LEC(s) to request our MEC simply study recapturing flying and the potential for Compass.

The MEC in turn resolved not to even study recapturing the E175's at Compass.

I understand the problem of having to compete with Republic for E175 rates, but, the 12 extra seats Delta / Compass could operate would help make up the revenue difference to pay pilots more, if these airplanes were at mainline.

At some point we just got to bite the bullet and make it a priority.

I know these jet will be going to the West Coast to start out. What I fear is where they will go when they cannot compete with WN and AAI on the same route.

Um doesn't the 100-seat E-190 outnumber Midwest mainline's 717 seating? Soon there will be regional 777 and 787s too... Not to knock it at all, at least JBLU put the 190 in the same airline... I'm hopeful as of June 1 we'll see much, much better pay rates for those guys too...

What exactly is there to prevent JetBlue from doing this?

Nothing.

Without the Scope clause of a CBA....we are defenseless against anyone flying our 190's or our 320's.

In fact...it's already happening. Everyday. It happens everyday at JetBlue and there isn't a pilot group on the planet that would stand for it. Contract pilots flying our airplanes on repo flights. But we have no choice....NO SCOPE CLAUSE.

Don't think it can't happen here....Mesa flying our 190's for $25/hour. There's NOTHING to stop it from happening.

I know these jet will be going to the West Coast to start out. What I fear is where they will go when they cannot compete with WN and AAI on the same route.

They will NOT fly to ATL and then onto a DL city under a Delta codeshare. We do have the ability to say NO to that. Also, they are flying E170s from MKE to LAX via MCI. The E190 can make it nonstop. I see them putting it on longer segments that the 717 can't make profitably. (maybe SEA, SFO, PHX, etc)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back