• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic Abuses Flight Crews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All of you guys that keep saying "if you don't like it then leave" are the reason that things are so bad at the regionals. You need to stand up for yourselves and stop just taking whatever crap that your management throws at you.

And how has no one gone to the DOL to file a hostile work place complaint against Bedford for those religious rants in official company documents?

Better Yet where's ALPA?

I might not be as pro ALPA as you PCL, nor am I as anti-ALPA as JoeMerchant.

Flying for Piedmont I have experienced the good and bad of ALPA. The bad for most Regionals is the whipsawing that ALPA allows among the express carriers.

This happened with all the US Airways Express WO's when PDT/ALG/PSA were all getting pushed to screw the other about 6 years ago. Where was ALPA? PSA's ALPA Reps were even telling there pilots that they better Vote yes on the CRJ700 Rates because PDT was neg. rates to take them away. Which wasn't even true. How in the hell could ALPA allow that?

Chris Beebe a ALPA National Guy lied to US Airways WO'ed to get them to sign a concessionary Contract. He made comments that were untrue and had he spoken the truth PDT/ALG would have never signed for the new contract. So now not only did we have to worry about dealing with Management but also a national union guy lying to us.

Now your seeing all the whipsawin' starting at the Delta Express Carriers. Mesba, Comair, Pinn, ASA they are now all gonna get played against each other. And where is ALPA in all this?

The only way to stop the whipsawin is for ALPA to step up and UNITE (which there suppose to do) all the regionals and keep an open line of communication on whats going on.

Not sure what ALPA has to do with an IBT carrier, but I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before. Captain Beebe didn't lie to anyone. He was under a confidentiality agreement as AAA MEC Chairman and wasn't able to provide information to other carriers. That's not lying.

Sorry folks I was just alittle off the subject having read about Mesaba.

However as for Beebe.... He lied.

...Captain Beebe didn't lie to anyone. He was under a confidentiality agreement as AAA MEC Chairman and wasn't able to provide information to other carriers. That's not lying.

Sin of Omission?

Sin of Omission?

You think he should divulge information that he is prohibited from divulging under a legally binding confidentiality agreement? That would seem like more of a "sin" to me.

<hijack>

Dammit, guys- there are two (2) issues here. Beebe never fully explained whether the SMALL JET RESTRUCTURING AGREEMENT (catchy title) occurred due to pending placements of small jets at PDT/PSA/ALG. The other is whether he lied about knowing whence they were to go.

The problem? It was a slick switcheroo that caused a concessionary contract to be signed, then after realizing wtf was going on, Duane claimed it was too late to retract the rates. It was implied that the placement of jets was on the table, and the race to the bottom guaranteed longevity of which ever airline won. It was never contradicted. Ever. So, a little omission lead to a huge brouhaha that still has merit years later.

Whether Beebe's actions and his later testimony afterward paint an unseemly picture about HIM is moot. The important fact here is ALPA can, will and continue to eat their own. The implied link between new planes and lower rates was never denied, and that, PCL, is a feckin' lie of omission. The end result was "giving it away," vice "taking it back."

</hijack>

You think he should divulge information that he is prohibited from divulging under a legally binding confidentiality agreement? That would seem like more of a "sin" to me.

Absolutely not, if that's all there was to it. Thus the "?" at the end of the statement.

Unrelated question: How did PSA end up with all the shiny jets?

Last edited:
Our CEO is continuously posting letters with his religious based propoganda. I am not talking about a reference or two about the Lord. These things look like they are written by the Pope. He has pushed his religious and political views on us many times. There needs to be some separation of religion and politics here at work. We have people from many different backgrounds.

Let me ask...
Does this offend you because its about religion or because of his hypocrisy (doesn't practice what he's preaching)?

Not sure what ALPA has to do with an IBT carrier, but I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before. Captain Beebe didn't lie to anyone. He was under a confidentiality agreement as AAA MEC Chairman and wasn't able to provide information to other carriers. That's not lying.

In which case he has an irreconciliable conflict of interest and should not have been involved in any way. He should have recused himself.

In which case he has an irreconciliable conflict of interest and should not have been involved in any way. He should have recused himself.

How exactly is an MEC Chairman supposed to recuse himself from the dealings of his MEC?

There was no conflict of interest.

Latest resources

Back