Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic 4th,Quarter and Calendar Year 2011.Frontier Airlines reports 11.0% increase

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inflightboi175

INDIANAPOLIS -- Republic Airways Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: RJET) reported operating revenues of $697.8 million for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2011, an increase of 7.4%, compared to $649.8 million for the same period last year. The increase in revenues is primarily due to an 11.0% increase in Frontier Airlines’ unit revenues.
During the quarter, the Company recorded an impairment charge of $191.1 million to reduce the carrying value of certain assets, mainly its 42 owned 37-50 seat aircraft. The Company also recorded non-cash charges of approximately $24.1 million related to the expected return of four leased A319 aircraft in 2012 and approximately $9.0 million related to the renegotiation of its E190 purchase order and the expected return of certain leased Embraer aircraft in 2012.
Therefore, on a GAAP basis, the Company reported a net loss of $123.5 million, or $2.55 per diluted share, for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2011, compared to a net loss of $1.3 million, or $0.03 per diluted share, for the same period last year. On an ex-item basis, the Company is reporting net income of $17.0 million, or $0.34 per diluted share, compared to an ex-item net income of $7.4 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, for the three month periods ended Dec. 31, 2011 and 2010, respectively.
“We are very pleased with our fourth quarter results, especially in light of significant fuel price headwinds on our branded operations,” said Bryan Bedford, Chairman and CEO of Republic Airways Holdings. “Our restructuring efforts during 2011, coupled with strong unit revenue growth at Frontier, enabled us to produce significantly improved ex-item results this quarter, in spite of more than $35 million of increased fuel costs.”
The following tables present the reconciliation of results on a GAAP basis to the reported ex-item results for the three months ended Dec. 31, 2011 and 2010:
http://www.sunherald.com/2012/02/29/3786864/republic-airways-holdings-announces.html

Hmmm, I wonder if he'll throw a few extra coins to his crewmembers!

$191,100,000.00 write down or impairment charge on Chatauqua planes? I think those are being set up to go away. Maybe Chatauqua is going away altogether.

$191,100,000.00 write down or impairment charge on Chatauqua planes? I think those are being set up to go away. Maybe Chatauqua is going away altogether.

I may not be the smartest at reading these financial reports but it has always been my belief that CHQ would fade off into the sunset. This is one of the large reasons I left and decided I wanted to interview at Frontier.

I still remember the night vividly. I was finishing up IOE and check airman at CHQ mentioned that he thought CHQ would eventually be gone. I didn't get it then, but I get it now. He was a good Captain, Airman, and guy to boot.

That story always reminds me that there ARE some great people over at the triad of evil, despite some differences of opinions.

I wish all of us luck in the future!

It was interesting reading the financials that the only part of RJET that did well is the part they want to divest.

And as an additional benefit, make the FFD side look bad to the mediator.

win/win

Latest resources

Back