Republic 145 FO or Jblu?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Remington

Quick upgrade at Republic or to a "Major" with fairly low pay and seemingly low moral and uncertain future?

Quick upgrade at Republic or to a "Major" with fairly low pay and seemingly low moral and uncertain future?

No doubt on this one -- JB in my opinion.

Morale not really that bad, just a reality check as of late. Much better upsaide at JB depending on your age.

Also look at the bases compared to where you live.

DW

JETBLUE!!!!

Trust me...you don't want any part of CHQ's management crap. It gets real old....

I'd rather be at JetBlue for 3 years and have them fold, then stay another year at CHQ...

Please tell me you are pulling our collective "legs" for god sakes man............

put D O W N the $2 Scotch!!!!!!

Morale

Yes, there has been a gut check over here as of late.
Yes, the growth has been slowed.

Yes, lots of guys were hired and told they would upgrade in x amount of months at the old growth rate. And its not going to happen.

Yes, there are guys out there that believe management is screwing them.

The Reality.

Depends on your perspective, your history and your attitude.

Its a good place to work. Management has made mistakes. We are not bullet proof. And there is room for improvement.

Overall, I would bail just about any regional to go here. Of course there are intangibles that could keep you at a regional.

But this place if far from being as bad as the vocal minority complains that it is. Of course, that's my opinion base on four airline's experience: commuter, major freight and major legacy with a furlough.

Like 8Vate said, morale isn't as bad as the whiners on these boards make it out to be. If you think about it, a lot more people post here when they're p.o. than when they're happy as a clam.

I've been here 9 months and I really enjoy it. We're not perfect, but who is? Growth has slowed, but hasn't stopped. We're still expanding and taking new planes. (We sell some but still have net positive aircraft gain for the year).

Keep in mind we're still a very young company competing in a tough market.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back