renting requirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

highflying

The local FBO and a multi that I would like to rent. Their requirement is to have 40 hours in make and model. I have about 25 hour PIC in the aircraft I also have another 20 from when I was doing my training in it but it wasnt PIC. So my question is to meet the 40 hour make and model requirement do I have to have all 40 be PIC or can I count the training time when it wasnt PIC?? I know can call them I just thought I would run it by you guys and see what you think first.

highflying said:
I know can call them I just thought I would run it by you guys and see what you think first.
It doesn't matter what we think. Checkout requirements are created by FBOs to satisfy themselves or their insurers. 100% of the people in this group can say it's total flight time, not just PIC time (which, BTW, =is= usually the case) and the FBO owner can say "so what? it has to be PIC with a Rhesus monkey sitting in the back seat."

Consider yourself lucky they will rent it to you at all. There is only 1 twin in the KC area you can rent without being an MEI, or having an ATP with like 500mutli and 100make/model. The one that is rentable is only so because the company that rents it has a great relationship with the insurance company and they are given lots of discrestion in setting rental requirements.

B

Latest resources

Back