Remember, 179 of us voted "NO"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ChinaClipper

I am stunned that my fellow Mesa pilots voted for the TA, it is an embarassment. I did what I could to encourage EVERYONE to take a stand against the strong arm tactics of JO and his cronies, but what I feared worse, came to pass. I can only say to all those on the outside, that 179 of my fellow pilots voted no, knowing that we would be furloughing/downgrading HUNDREDS of pilots, at a bad time, to send a message to management....to no avail.. I tried educating, cajoling and even BEGGING especially the first timers to the industry, to take a stand against the steam roller of anti-labor euphoria aimed squarely at Mesa. I can only say that most of the "Yes" voters did so because they felt saying "NO" would put them on the street. I am pi$$ed and cranky, but JO won this one by manufacturing fear (Freedom) and making the Negotiating Committe use all their resources to fight a bogey man, scope. The lessons for all coming up on Section 6 is to FIGHT THE ALTER EGO VIRUS NOW! ALPA caved, 78% of the pilots caved and there ain't much to stop it now, except education and the hope that another pilot group will stand up for what is right. Labor is on the mat and I can only say that the WORST HAS YET TO COME! AW,ACA,and anyone who makes more than Mesa, are gonna be next. Stop the attacks on your profession and fight the ba$tards with all you can. I thought Mesa would, but they didn't. Just remeber 179 said "NO"! I am proud to be one of them, I just wish the rest had some gall. PS Is anyone hiring, I REALLY WANT OUT!!!!!!!!!!

ChinaClipper said:
I am stunned that my fellow Mesa pilots voted for the TA, it is an embarassment. I did what I could to encourage EVERYONE to take a stand against the strong arm tactics of JO and his cronies, but what I feared worse, came to pass. I can only say to all those on the outside, that 179 of my fellow pilots voted no, knowing that we would be furloughing/downgrading HUNDREDS of pilots, at a bad time, to send a message to management....to no avail.. I tried educating, cajoling and even BEGGING especially the first timers to the industry, to take a stand against the steam roller of anti-labor euphoria aimed squarely at Mesa. I can only say that most of the "Yes" voters did so because they felt saying "NO" would put them on the street. I am pi$$ed and cranky, but JO won this one by manufacturing fear (Freedom) and making the Negotiating Committe use all their resources to fight a bogey man, scope. The lessons for all coming up on Section 6 is to FIGHT THE ALTER EGO VIRUS NOW! ALPA caved, 78% of the pilots caved and there ain't much to stop it now, except education and the hope that another pilot group will stand up for what is right. Labor is on the mat and I can only say that the WORST HAS YET TO COME! AW,ACA,and anyone who makes more than Mesa, are gonna be next. Stop the attacks on your profession and fight the ba$tards with all you can. I thought Mesa would, but they didn't. Just remeber 179 said "NO"! I am proud to be one of them, I just wish the rest had some gall. PS Is anyone hiring, I REALLY WANT OUT!!!!!!!!!!

ChinaClipper,

You and I have'nt seen eye to eye on a few things in the past and its gotten nasty, I know. But I am sorry that this did'nt go in the direction that you and the other 179 would have wanted it.

I do wish you the best however and if your serious about getting out of it, try Real Estate. I just started and in three weeks I'll be a landlord for the first time. So far it's lots less stressfull than this stuff.

Take Care

BTD

China,

If you want to stay in aviation, ASA will be hiring toward the end of this year, and we will be hiring quite a few. Doesn't hurt to send in an app.

Good luck.

How about compiling a list of the 179 of you with back bones?????

WD.

In the future, I wish that the....

voting process would be public, I have met at least 500 people who claimed they voted no in the past few weeks. The punishment for a "yes" vote should be wallowing in your own mediocrity. My last FO voted "yes" I made him walk 3 paces behind and 3 paces to the left at all times. I also secretley stuck a post-it on his back that said "I am one of Johnny's b1tches" written on the back. I don't yet know how far he got down the concourses in DCA before he caught it. I was laughing so hartd, I almost peed my pants.....One must resort to new types of entertainment to reflect the new reality...including drinking alone..Blue skies....... PS, a new avtar will be quite good.......

Latest resources

Back