• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flylears

Relocation to Eastern PA?

Hey Guys and Gals,

Looking into relocating to the eastern PA area. Anyone have any information concerning:

1) Real estate prices and trends
2) Good school districts
3) Transportation options to/from NYC
4) Qaulity of life for a young family

Thanks in advance

Yardley Yardley Yardley

If you fly the Dylin arrival; you'll get to hold over your house often. The wife and children can wave to you.

Stay away from ABE; Stroudsburg.

New Hope way too pricey.

Lower Bucks is the place to be.

Also check out Lower Makefield Township - very close to Yardley.

Last edited:
Yardley Yardley Yardley

If you fly the Dylin arrival; you'll get to hold over your house often. The wife and children can wave to you.

Stay away from ABE; Stroudsburg.

New Hope way too pricey.

Lower Bucks is the place to be.

Also check out Lower Makefield Township - very close to Yardley.

Yardley Yardley Yardley = $$$$$ $$$$$ $$$$$

Southeastern PA

Anywhere in the Tri-state is going to be pricey. However, there are a multitude of very good areas with great schools and provide a decent commute to the ny metro area. Yardley is nice, try down by the king of prussia area, bucks county or montgomery county area.

Yardley/Lower Makefield Township (one in the same) is a great place to live with good schools. Pennsbury is one school district, Councel Rock is the other, both very good. Yardley is very expensive. If you can get into a 2500- 3000 square ft single for $400,000 - $500,000, the taxes will kill you at about $5500 - $6000 per year. Townhouse (1800 - 2000 sq ft) $350,000. You can get into Yardley a little cheaper, but you have to have the time to shop around and wait for a "priced to sell," or a "For Sale Buy Owner."
Look at Newtown, Holland, Richboro. All are just as nice with much lower taxes and all are in the Councel Rock school district.
All the towns mentioned are all about a 40 - 45 min drive to PHL, 1hr15 to EWR, 1hr45 JFK and LGA is anyones guess (ie. the Van Wyke) and 2hr40 to DCA.
This all comes from "been there, done that," for I lived in Yardley, and Newtown. NOT FLAME.

Oh no you didn't !! I wanted to be the one to out New Hope. If you have to ask what "something else" is just trust me when I say you probably don't want to know.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back