Release Forms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

beechjetpilot1

Do any other FLOP's pilots have a problem with the information release form we are supposed to sign we were emailed today? The email states this is for DMV informations, but the form allows them to do an exhaustive background check including education, friends, relatives, credit, and any other information the background check people want to check. I will sign a DMV release, but this release form doesn't even mention DMV. We had a background check when we started, I don't believe we should have to sign away our lives and rights again!

Here is the language on the form:

Disclosure of Use of Consumer Report for Employment Purposes
SECTION 604(a) OF THE FAIR CREDIT REPORTING ACT, 15 U.S.C. 1681b(a), ENUMERATES THE PERMISSIBLE CIRCUMSTANCES UNDER WHICH A CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCY MAY FURNISH YOUR CONSUMER REPORT TO A THIRD PARTY SUCH AS YOUR EMPLOYER. ONE SUCH PERMISSIBLE PURPOSE, LISTED AT SECTION 604(a)(3)(B), IS THAT “ANY CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCY MAY FURNISH A CONSUMER REPORT…TO A PERSON WHICH IT HAS REASON TO BELIEVE INTENDS TO USE THE INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYMENT PURPOSES.” THEREFORE, IT IS LAWFUL UNDER FEDERAL LAW FOR THIS EMPLOYER TO SEEK AND OBTAIN, FOR EMPLOYMENT PURPOSES, A COPY OF YOUR CONSUMER REPORT FROM A CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCY.
I, ______________________________________________, have read and understand the above notice which FLIGHT OPTIONS provided to me on _____________, which explains that it is permissible under the Fair Credit Reporting Act for that employer to either procure or cause to be procured, from a consumer reporting agency, a copy of my consumer report to be used by that employer for employment purposes. I further understand that the above-mentioned employer will make a request for an investigative report. This investigative consumer report will contain information on my character, reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living. Pursuant to section 606(a)(1)(B) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. & 1681d(a)(1)(B), I understand that I have the right to request a complete and accurate description of the nature and scope of the investigation. (Should you make such a request, such description shall be provided within five (5) days of the request.)
I hereby authorize FLIGHT OPTIONS and its agent BackGround Information Services, Inc. to procure or cause to be procured a copy of my consumer report and/or investigative consumer report from a consumer reporting agency. This consent authorizes the employer to procure a consumer report and/or an investigative consumer report at any time during my employment for an employment purpose.

This disclosure further serves as a request that any present or former employer, police department, educational or financial institution or other person having personal knowledge about me to furnish BackGround Information Services, Inc. and its affiliates or representative any and all information in their possession regarding me in connection with my application for employment. A photocopy/facsimile of this authorization may be accepted with the same authority as the original and I specifically waive any written notice from any present or former employer who may provide information based upon this authorized request. Educational institutions are authorized to release my Grade Point Average.

Last edited:
Looked at it. Really not worried about it. What is the worst that can happen: they find out I have no money. Besides, I figure if I fail to sign the form, the company will suspect that I have something to hid on the old driving record like maybe a DUI.

you aren't concerned about the carte blanche signing your rights away? If they only wanted a DMV report, which is reasonable (and the DUI would come up on that), I would have no problem signing it, but why do they need to see how much money I have (or don't have) as the case may be? Why do they need to see my college grades at this point (I have been here a long time, they checked those when I started...we all already went through a background check)? Why does my personal information need to be documented and redocumented over and over again in OCC? I don't trust them as it is, why do they need to see all of my personal information? This is how identity theft occurs....too much of our personal info floating around places is shouldn't be.....plus...what business is it of theirs? We all passed background checks.....several of them if you remember we had to pass CANPASS checks....this smells!

live free or die

The phrase "your papers, please" now reaches into every aspect of this job. How can anyone balance the intrusion of a background check Vs. a rental car!!

Freedom is the right to feel secure. Not having to look over behind you after every step in your life. This is wrong. It should be stopped

....their possession regarding me in connection with my application for employment.

Who are you applying to?

I will sign a DMV release, but this release form doesn't even mention DMV.

Each state DMV has a release form authorizing the DMV record ONLY be released to a named third party. Why not ask your state DMV for this form and send only that form in?

lodgepilot said:
those are all the items Netjets asked for, pre-employment.

Options did a background check already too. What happened to the consent forms from the original background check? It makes one wonder how secure our sensitive personal information is in their hands.

Latest resources

Back