• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rejected from SWA, but keeping the faith

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep your head up, Jim. As you say, they are picking the cream of the cream and they just haven't made your cup of coffee yet. You deserve the job, it's just a matter of time before they realize it.

Thanks for the good websites.

Nope, haven't gotten into the GV yet. I figure it will be two weeks or so.

Craig

Thank you for your post, very uplifting. I really like your attitude; I’m sure recruiters at Southwest (or another major airline) will eventually bring you onboard, so do not give up. Ps. I know a pilot who was hired at SWA on his third trial, plz hang in there. Av80r

“I have no bitterness against SWA. They've got the difficult task of trying to separate the cream from the cream. I imagine the process of selecting people right now is about like choosing a Space Shuttle crew. Lots of very qualified folks with outstanding resumes.”

Vladimir Lenin said:
so is this where the 700 club meets now?
flightinfo?
Not at all. Sounds like brothers encouraging one another as they should. Faith in Christ sure beats putting your faith in ouija boards or anything else for that matter.

jijarwm,

I've felt your pain. I was rejected by 3 carriers before being offered the job by the fourth...felt like a total loser. After all, how could I expect to get on with a major when a regional wouldn't even hire me? In retrospect, they did me a favor. I probably wouldn't have gotten on with Delta. (I've been meaning to send those 3 carriers thank you cards :)) The experience I gleaned from those interviews was invaluable. Things do happen for a reason, although it is difficult to see sometimes. Take care.

Vladimir Lenin said:
so is this where the 700 club meets now?
flightinfo?
If so I hope my -700 has winglets ACARS and 24 K (DUDE its got a hemi!)

jijarwm - I look forawrd to flying with you.

Just remember...there is no such thing as luck or chance. Everything works for a purpose...we just may not know what that is right now.

I tubed a major interview recently, but guess what happened? When I got home, my kids still liked when I woke them up with kisses on the neck, singing my "silly made up songs" and the old lady still enjoys getting necked with me now and again.

The most amazing things in these times is when your friends circle around and give support. Great guys all.

JIJARWM,

A VERY QUALIFIED friend of mine had a SWA interview about eight weeks ago. He was recommended by a SWA CHIEF PILOT. He was turned down. SWA looks at many different things, one being aeronautical experience.

I wouldn't stress out over it. Move on.......there are a lot of other GOOD airlines out there.....UPS, FEDEX, AirTran, JetBlue, Cathay, etc.........

Move to Plan B & and enjoy.........

320AV8R

I smiled, I was myself, I wasn’t overprepped, (or at least I thought so), I can’t really think of anyplace I might have stumbled in the interview or LOI.

You may have aced the interview and LOI, but that still does not guarantee a job so don't beat yourself up over it. The hiring board looks at many things in addition to the interview.

I would suggest, if you really do want to work for SWA (or any of the majors), that you continue flying somehow. If you go back for anther interview and have not been flying, that will count against you.

Best of luck!

JIJARWM,

My man I feel you. Applied for a dream job, flying G-V basically in my hometown (which has only 2 of these type AC). They received 300 apps (1 which was mine), phone interviewed 12 (I was one), flew up 3 for face to face ( I was one), hired 1 (I was not that one). I felt bad, real bad. However, I too think it all works itself out in the end, maybe too simplistic/fatalistic...but I beleive it.

Yours was one of the most honest posts I've seen, and for that sir, I thank you.

Keep the faith.

Latest resources

Back