Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Worth your time or THEIR time?

Tram said:
QOL? Eh, I dunno, I don't live in St. Louis.. I guess it depends on how often you answer your phone.. Saabs are supposed to go to Cleveland.. Upgrade ~a year.. Work at regions and second part time job? Have to be a pretty forgiving part time job... Reserve @ Regions is 5 on 2 off..

Regions is probably the leaders in the "get your time and get out" category.. They even tell you this in ground school.. No one expects anyone to stick around after they get their time.. I think part of this is why the QOL is like it is.. They know why your there.. so they're gonna make it "worth your time.." :)

As for the other question..."Will there be any Saabs in Saint Louis? What are the upgrade times?" Nobody can answer the first question until the airplane is sitting on the ramp and the passengers are about to board. Any why bother asking the second question? Upgrade times WILL change and aren't set in stone.

When do the SAABs arrive?

Well.. atleast 1 SAAB is on the property.. I touched it the other day.. :D

Tram said:
Well.. atleast 1 SAAB is on the property.. I touched it the other day.. :D
Are you the one that broke it? ;)

MaxClimb12 said:
What is the QOL for someone living in Saint Louis. I understand that there are long work days. Are you home every night? Will there be any Saabs in Saint Louis? What are the upgrade times? Is it possible to work for Regions Air and hold a second part time job?
Thanks ahead of time!

See, now there's a thinker for you! He thinks that becoming an airline pilot means you should have to have a full time job as pilot and hold down 2 part-time jobs just to make ends meet. That's the type of pilot we need! Yep and if there's one of him out there, why there ought to be a full airline's worth.

Remember in this business, if you agree to do it for a little less, you've made the profession a little less. It never stops with you!!

Bringupthebird said:
See, now there's a thinker for you! He thinks that becoming an airline pilot means you should have to have a full time job as pilot and hold down 2 part-time jobs just to make ends meet. That's the type of pilot we need! Yep and if there's one of him out there, why there ought to be a full airline's worth.

Remember in this business, if you agree to do it for a little less, you've made the profession a little less. It never stops with you!!

Sorry that my post was unclear. I have an opportunity to have my cake and eat it too. The job I currently have will make a great part time job while I fly full time. I’m not trying to bring down the industry. I just have two passions and the opportunity to do both.

My only experience with Regions will forever be just that- my only experience with Regions. I took a flight on a Regions Junk-stream last summer... on take off, the stall shaker went off as we over-rotated on a 10,000 foot runway, once we leveled off- I looked out and the flaps were still set in the takeoff position. When I looked up at the cockpit- I could see the 2 pilots laughing and joking as they made meager attempts to even keep the airplane level- all the while jerking the airplane around. On landing- the stall shaker went off again as they abruptly fell to the earth halfway down the runway. As we waited to be unloaded- the captain said 'sorry about the bumpy ride, the weather was a little... errr, bumpy'. what a dildo.

Never ride on this airline, don't let your friends or family ride on them- they must be hiring 23 year old punks with 500 hours tt to fly these crappy, probably not airworthy pieces of crap. They are unsafe, unprofessional, and have no integrity for the job they do. You can flame me all you want- but that was my experience with them, and I'm just sharing my personal opinions. They suck donkey dongs.

Most of the pilots there are good pilots. I was there for a year and didn't feel unsafe even with the jackass pilots. We had a great pilot group when I left.
If that was your experience you should not the flight number and date, I assure you the Chief Pilot will handle it

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back