Regionals: Victims of their safety record

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wmuflyguy said:
Prove it, I bet you'll find average new-hire times at most regional are over 1000 hours.

You just said "Not a single fatality in the US from an RJ crash". So you argue against your statement that somehow regionals we are less safe.

Then organize soemthing, cause all your doing is talking.

You still are, just not in the airplane
How old are you? You are probably one of those 300 hour wonders to aviation. I've got nothing against it as long as you can do your job, but I am no longer a flight instructor. Posts like yours however blow my mind, did'nt your momma ever tell you if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all?

Experience has almost nothing to do with a safety record. Experience has everything to do with a good safety record. Somebody on the flight deck better have it, or nobody will live long enough to earn it.

outtahere said:
Experience has almost nothing to do with a safety record. Experience has everything to do with a good safety record. Somebody on the flight deck better have it, or nobody will live long enough to earn it.

I can point out many more accidents that involved experienced crews making stupid mistakes than I can where inexperience was a major factor in an accident. Tenerife, AA @ LIT, the one up in the NW where they ran out of gas trying to troubleshoot a lightbulb.... etc.

It's not about experience, it's about attitude and decision making ability.

Argue all you want, the only reason there are fire trucks based at an airport is because they have 121 pilots flying in there.

:laugh:

Good Points

Well Phony, I think you got some good points. All of us unfortunately are seeing the airline career evolve and change. Days of doing your time and moving on to the major's are coming to a closure. Opportunities will still be there but not like they were.
However it would be nice is everyone would unite and take a stand against all these regionals, cargo outfits, and Schools!!! If everyone would unite and not work for under a certain amount of money then things could turn around, however it'll never happen. But too bad it can't. Then if that pilot did work under a certain amount then he or she would be treated like a scab because basically that's what they would be. Nothing wrong with dreamin! But the business is what it is. No sense complaining about it, although we all like to. You're either in or out of it. Why do guys and gals stay in it? I guess they all don't have to struggle financially? Be it a spouse making money. Some people like to be away from their significant others. I was in the military and would always volunteer to go on deployments overseas, not only to see the world, but to get away from my wife. Takes all types in this industry. Unfortunately I don't see it ever being like it used to. AKA the retired Delta guy I know who was making over $300 an hour. Is what it is..........However I would be willing to stand down for a world wide Strike because pilots are not whores!!!!

Latest resources

Back