• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regionals to Part 135

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I were you I wouldnt listen to anyone just figure out what you want to do. if its to be home more you might want to bail. once you upgrade you are on the bottom again. and there is no reaching the top, unless you stick it out and retire. I left for a 91 gig. I havnt looked back. More money than i was making, better destinations,and a lot more time off. I havnt heard anyone complain about work since i left which is great. Plus its nice to see the places you visit and eat like a human. Downside...I fly when they want me to. Luckily, hasnt been bad, but i would try to talk to someone in the company you are looking at and check out the operation. you'll be able to tell right away by talking to employees and looking at the turnover rate. Another thing to consider is the equiptment. A 145 type isnt woth that much if the company goes belly up. If your flying a gulfstream or the like you just put finacial security in your own hands throughout your career. you'll never have to make 35K again, as long as your med holds up. Both have ups and downs, you have to pick whats the most important to you and base your decision on that.

Last edited:
With 8 months to upgrade, you may have a very good chance to hold charter FO. I would guess a lot of FO's senior to you will bypass to upgrade to CA. So fly 135 or fly 121 charter for a company with 100 mil in the bank. Not that 100 mil is a lot of money, but it's more than any "mom and pop" operation has. Not to mention the $18 override plus home basing might be appealing.

2nd yr fo is 32/hr (i think). 18 dollar overide isnt bad if the schedule is the same type. do you guys know what the schedules for the charter are going to be. I used to fly 90-95 a month. You may only get the 75hr guarantee with charter so in actuality you will not be making more money. However, you cant fly 90 hrs a month forever. I dont think I would leave for a mom and pop charter operation. NetJets or the like maybe, but charter can be real sketchy. If you want to do corp. you should pass resumes out to the part 91 operators in the area. Most of the time they run good operations and the pay is up there as well. If you have past Charter or Corp experience with airline training it may be a selling point for you.

Last edited:
2nd yr fo is 32/hr (i think). 18 dollar overide isnt bad if the schedule is the same type. do you guys know what the schedules for the charter are going to be. I used to fly 90-95 a month. You may only get the 75hr guarantee with charter so in actuality you will not be making more money. However, you cant fly 90 hrs a month forever. I dont think I would leave for a mom and pop charter operation. NetJets or the like maybe, but charter can be real sketchy. If you want to do corp. you should pass resumes out to the part 91 operators in the area. Most of the time they run good operations and the pay is up there as well. If you have past Charter or Corp experience with airline training it may be a selling point for you.

second year is right about 34 + 18 for the overide = 52 an hour for he charter if your on 2nd year pay. Also the min guarantee is 90 hours for the charter flying. $4680 a month not counting perdiem = $56,160 a year for 2nd year charter FO. Thats alot more money then 2nd year line guys.

90 month guarantee makes the world of difference. i was not aware it was 90. I think its a good deal for someone over there. If i was there Id give it a try. Beats line flying which tends to be extremely boring. It sounds like a nice option to the regular Fayettville or New orleans turn. Dont count per diem as part of your pay. I know you stopped there but remember there is a cost to living like a normal human while being on the road and $38 in a 24 hour period is not cutting it, unless your Rachel Rae. I still dont want to fly 90 hrs a month however.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back