• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regionals getting wings clipped

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
historically, regionals (formerly prop commuters) have always been a liability. only difference, these days they fly a LOT more routes and perhaps some of the hiring mims were lowered but only fo a small window (<2 yrs maybe).

How do the major airlines determine which routes their regional partners fly? In your opinion, which regional airlines should stay in business and which should fold?

Happy new year all.

WSJ is on par with USA Today.

They quoted Michael Boyd...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! :laugh:

eP.

Last edited:
How do the major airlines determine which routes their regional partners fly? In your opinion, which regional airlines should stay in business and which should fold?

Happy new year all.

My opinion? Which ever costs less and offers the best product at the same time. This is a business, and the regionals DON'T have the ability to dictate what is going on anymore. Most regionals now have to pay for their own gas, and some flying is now "at risk." No more free rides from the Legacies. Business travellers HATE RJs, and LCCs usually stay away from them. How did SkyWest get the Airtran deal at MKE? I bet they offered anything to keep those RJs up there. Now we hear ASA is fishing in Vietnam to put RJs there? Wow, they are getting desperate. It will only get worse. Just hope the Legacies and strong LCCs start hiring again soon, and that means interviews for guys like PBRstreetgang, who will fail everytime. Hey PBR, enjoy Regionals forever. Merry New Year.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I can't wait to get hired by a major so I can forget that I ever worked at a regional and talk shît to anyone who does.

Yeah, it really is a different world, unless you go through BK at a Major. That aint fun, but even that beats flying at a regional. Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yeah, it really is a different world, unless you go through BK at a Major. That aint fun, but even that beats flying at a regional. Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey thanks! Who knows. Maybe we'll fly together one day and have a laugh at how dumb we were for taking a regional job instead of joining the Navy. Wow. We both made some bad choices along the way.

Last edited:
All opinions are welcome on this first day of the new year. Let us grow and learn from each other despite our occasional griping, bitching, complaining, and etc. etc. etc. and so-fourth. Think of this place as a clearinghouse of an exchange of ideas, comments, advice, and one's disagreements and whatever.

Buuuurrrrrrpppp. I better but down coffee laced with some beer.

If some of the regional airlines lose some or most of their lift, so what, big cities rule, and everything else sucks!

If people don't want to fly for the regional airlines in order to get the proper experience for the major airlines, the Air Force or Navy, cargo, or corporate flying is an option.

Latest resources

Back