Regionals getting wings clipped

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
History time:

1990's and before the regionals operated economical turboprops to feed hubs. Then, their trunk carriers got onto this rj idea in 1992..."more more more rj's," clamored the legacy carriers...damn the higher operating cost. And here we are today where the legacy carriers are complaining that the rj's cost too much and there are too many of them.

Who is to blame? Regionals are to feed their trunk carriers with the product they request and they did that. No need to vilify the regionals. I say it is the legacy upper management that should shoulder 100% of the blame.

I know I was certainly satisfied flying my little turboprop waiting for my experience to build to a level where I could move to a major...then the rj revolution flushed that down the toilet.

Yep. Started on a EMB-120. It was only a means to an end, now the RJ is that end thanks to mainline management and ALPA. It's a joke how the mainline pilots adore picking on regional pilots. I couldn't be happier in an RJ left seat even though it means less money, more stress, and less security; it is what it is and no more, quite like the mainline jobs these days...

Latest resources

Back