• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regionals flying even bigger planes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Comair strike cost Delta one billion? Cool. :) I didn't know it was so high.

Fltlvls was correct about the Delta guys initially asking for near 400/hr on the 777. I was impressed and was hoping they would get it.

Hey Gen our CR9 for Mekong are from Europe, not from one of "YOUR" regionals, If that's what you're implying. And I think guys like you and some RJ drivers are the reasons for the hatred b/t the groups, why don't you try to lead by example for a change.

Erlanger,
why you done spool up da General? You gots him all frazzled and dazzled..... can't we all jus gets along?
Oh yeah.... MESA SUX!...... bouyyyyyyyyyy

Some regionals won't survive...The one's that do, will fly 100+ seat aircraft one way or another. Republic was first, Skywest will be next....

Some regionals won't survive...The one's that do, will fly 100+ seat aircraft one way or another. Republic was first, Skywest will be next....

I just don't see it happening. Unless it is a 'code share' risk and then expect the pay to suck. Even for regionals. 37$ FO's ??!! (republic). That can't be right.

If we got through the 'great recession' without relaxing scope (ie. continental) why would the majors vote to relax it when times are better down the road and they are hiring? Look at the Spirit pilots. These guys are getting serious. United put out a bid for 100 seaters, Jetblue and USair already have pay scales. The writing is on the wall.

Other big thing....Delta wants to control the product. Especially with 100 seats.

Most of the people who didn't care were the very senior ones that all have left thanks to lump sum retirement or the fear of losing their retirements.

Or, in other words, scope is for sale.

Other big thing....Delta wants to control the product. Especially with 100 seats.

Sure, but they want to make money even more.

My money is on relaxed scope and 100 seat planes at the 'regionals' within the next 5 years.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back