• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regionals flying even bigger planes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If they mainline Delta pilots have "had it" with the RJs, well they should look in the mirror at themselves as a pilot group if they want to have had it with anyone.

They are the ones who allowed this door to open, for whatever was dangled in front of them as a carrot, and more than a bit of hubris in terms of aircraft size. I mean who would want to be soiled flying a smaller jet or a prop aircraft, that doesnt need to be at Delta and dirty that airline.

Of course that 50 seat jet became 70 or more, and now some of these same pilots at the majors want to take it out on pilots at the regionals because it was THEIR flying, even though they gave it away and started the process.

Giving away smaller aircraft, has caused irrepairable damage to the airline industry, and its laughable at how even on here, how some major pilots crow about "taking it back". Take it back?? It should have never been given away in the first place. And I doubt it will ever get taken back, every airline has its share of pilot who would give away even more as long as they receive a dollar off coupon for Panda Express out of it.

From recent posts it looks like Delta is now proactive in getting rid of 50 seat RJs and turboprops, and they seem to want to scale down the regional side. I don't think any of those Delta guys are proud of their initial thoughts about the RJ and how they wouldn't affect much, but their BK did complicate things and allowed the company to add even larger planes without Dalpa's consent (as Gen Lee says via a BK judge). But, you are right, they did let the cat out of the bag, and it is tough to get that flying fully back. That being said, I don't think past mistakes are always repeated, and I personally hope they don't ever give away scope again so I get to leave my regional and hopefully join their mainline ranks someday. People who can't leave their left seat RJ job and dream of larger planes at their regional instead of a mainline job are sad in my view. Grow a pair and interview if you can. I can't wait!

From recent posts it looks like Delta is now proactive in getting rid of 50 seat RJs and turboprops, and they seem to want to scale down the regional side. I don't think any of those Delta guys are proud of their initial thoughts about the RJ and how they wouldn't affect much, but their BK did complicate things and allowed the company to add even larger planes without Dalpa's consent (as Gen Lee says via a BK judge). But, you are right, they did let the cat out of the bag, and it is tough to get that flying fully back. That being said, I don't think past mistakes are always repeated, and I personally hope they don't ever give away scope again so I get to leave my regional and hopefully join their mainline ranks someday. People who can't leave their left seat RJ job and dream of larger planes at their regional instead of a mainline job are sad in my view. Grow a pair and interview if you can. I can't wait!

Dont get me wrong, I would actually love to see mainline get more planes back on property and have more jobs there. I just will believe it when I see it though.

Yep, its going to be hard to put the cat back in the bag, and any doing that, well management will want a quid pro quo for doing so. Good luck to to the pilots though, hopefully they can pull something off. Getting regional jets on mainline property, and shoring up the bottom end of the pay scale too, needs to be done to fix the often abysmal career of an airline pilot

One does not have to look all that far back at when the majors actually had turboprop, even piston aircraft, and actually got paid well for it. And I do not think those pilots went home, hanging their heads in shame over it either, having pesky propellors. They actually made good money flying those planes too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back