Regionals First Year Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Xfr8dog

This may be a really dumb question but are there any regionals that pay more than 30k the first year? how about high twenties?

follow up question, if so.. are they hiring?

Well no question is dumb, but first year pay higher than 30K is usually found in the majors (around mid-30's). It obviously goes up very quickly after that.

Considering those that pay training pay (less than regular first year pay) or who don't pay at all during training, you can expect to make from the mid teens to the low 20's in your first year at a regional.

If you are looking to start off, and want to start getting regional time, this isn't a time to be picky. Do a search on this board to find out who is hiring and fire off those resumes.

Good luck.

Caribbean Star/Sun pays 1st year FOs @$36k to fly a Dash. San Juan base.

Pretty high mins to get an interview.

Well im not being picky per-say, i have a freight flying job in a Falcon 20 making about 37k first year (after per diem loading pay etc.) I'm just sick to death of living on a pager, no schedule, no life... I've been doing this for 4 and 1/2 years now.
I thought Comair recently got an industry leading contract and seeing as how theyre all jet was hoping that others might follow suit by paying livable wages. I know, I know im being silly in this day and age but I had to ask... Aren't ASA and ACA supposed to be upper tier commuters like Comair?

Whats "pretty high mins" mean? turbine pic requirements? how much?

thanks.

At Allegheny: Gross and includes Per Diem.

1999 - 28,528 (but this is only for 6 months of 99, adjusted to one year)

2000 - 38,351

2001 - 41,267

2002 - 41, 637 (includes some Capt. pay but then I lost money by being stuck in and extended upgrade due to IOE instructor and FED ride availability and also downgrade back to FO)

2003 - 36,500 (projected) Big pay cut, Capt to FO pay plus the 10% pay cut we voted in so that we could be apart of the Jet Set, which btw doesn't look like its gonna happen.:mad: :mad:

If I didn't get downgraded I'd be pulling 55, 000 to 60, 000:(

55,000 minus 36,500 = 18,500, That f'in hurts :mad:

As for acutal take home pay here is some info based on this years (2003) numbers. Basically I average 93.5 hours of pay per month and about 400 in perdiem give or take a few bucks. After Federal and NY taxes, health stuff, whatever else they take for and 15% to 401K this leaves me with 1900 to 2000 take home cash (again depending on pay hours and per diem give or take a few $).

My outgoing cash looks like this:

525 - rent
35 - electric
50 - cell
75 - phone
75 - cable
361 - car payment
40 - gas for car
75 - car ins. (paid at 442 every 6 months)
350 - food
250 - misc. (GA flying, bar bills, skiing, general stuff)

Total: 1836, sometimes alittle more, sometimes alittle less, mostly depending on the last 2 (food and misc).

As far as savings goes I keep about 2000 balance (after bills are paid) in my checking (left over from the good days, see 2000/2001) and my 401k has 19,635 as of today at 9am which I started in March 2000 and have kept at 15% contribution.

Last edited:
Colgan for 2003:
should be right about $20,000. Over half the year at 1st year pay, less then half the year at second year pay. All as FO. Was paid $20 per hour which turned into $22 after the first year anniversary. We were under a pay freeze till august. Under $1000 was per diem...this place only pays per diem if we stay overnight, which they try hard not to let us do it. That allegheny pay sure looked nice. Your FO pay is as good or better then our 1900 captain pay. I think the only shot you have at making high 30's to 40's here is to be a saab captain. Also factor in that new FO's pay 18K to work here. I didn't do that, but if i did i guess my first year pay would be under $2000.

Corporate Airlines

$17100/year first year fo...and the pay
is"frozen" ie: no more raises...so if you
ever upgrade, you will be on first year
CA pay, regardless of how long you have
been there $25200. These are w/o per
diem ($1.00/hr). Pretty bad when one can
honestly say that Mesa gets paid better.

Good Luck

There's a website that posts the regional's payscales. I lost it when my computer crashed. Can somebody please provide it? I hope this will help with the discussion.

That would be great if someone had that website addy... So it looks like Piedmont and Allegheny are the places to kill a few years... now the next question of course (and it sure doesnt sound like Allegheny is doing much of anything except downgrading) is whats the upgrade time looking like? Both at Piedmont/Allegheny and at the most upwardly mobile of regionals out there? Someone said 1 year upgrade at Chataqua (sp?) is this a reality? Where is the fastest upgrade out there these days... if any?

thanks again.

Latest resources

Back