Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flya380

Hi Folks,
Would appreciate testimonies from residents (green card holders) who got hired by regionals since the new TSA rule is in effect. How long did you guys wait between the time you got hired and the time you got approved by TSA.
Thanks

Being a green card holder, I NEVER got invited for an interview at any regionals from 2001 to 2005, when I finally found a job in Asia flying a 727.

First, I thought it was my resume that must have had its faults, but after showing it to several people including my Checkride Examiners, I knew there must be other reasons.

Waiting Period

flya380 said:
Hi Folks,
Would appreciate testimonies from residents (green card holders) who got hired by regionals since the new TSA rule is in effect. How long did you guys wait between the time you got hired and the time you got approved by TSA.
Thanks

I do not fall under the "green Card rule" but I have hired quit a few people in your situation. The wait time depends on Previous training...If you have been through a Type ride or similar training (I believe 141 students have also had this same background check done but I am not sure.), it only takes about 2 weeks, otherwise, it can take as long as six.

They use to charge companies about $120 for the background check but now the "Student", meaning you, normally starts the paperwork and pays the fee. We were one of the few airlines that would actually pay for it before the changeover by the Feds.

I believe the website to start is www.flightschoolcanidate.gov and you have to plug in an actual class start date. (you can not start though until the employer gets the go ahead back from the TSA)

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

I know a guy who was given the run around at PSA with the whole background check, they hired himand then didn't helphim at all with that.

XJT will actually take care of everything for you, I'm not a green card holder but a friend of mine is. It took about 2months for the background to clear, but he's now a line pilot.

Pedro said:
I know a guy who was given the run around at PSA with the whole background check, they hired himand then didn't helphim at all with that.

XJT will actually take care of everything for you, I'm not a green card holder but a friend of mine is. It took about 2months for the background to clear, but he's now a line pilot.

I had an issue where a girl said that I raped her. She was like "no, don't stop it"--so I continued. But they still let me in to Colgan.

kngarthur said:
I had an issue where a girl said that I raped her. She was like "no, don't stop it"--so I continued. But they still let me in to Colgan.

Hilarious!

Latest resources

Back