• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

regional vs. fractional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
schaevola- You didn't happen to work for another frac do you? Not a dig at other fracs but i met an ex-eja(nja) guy on the road who was just as bitter as you.

I asked him why he left and he really went off about the company screwing him.

so i looked into it. Like a pancake a story has two sides.

the "problem" washe got fired because he was cheating on his expense reports and granny caught him. He would get the hotel taken off his bill but still turn in the expense report with the hotel on it.

Sure NJA has it's problems. But we are working to rectify those problems yet every day is a fun day. I really enjoy what I do here as i'm sure people in other fracs enjoy what they do.

So you left without having to pay your contract. That means you were terminated. Plain an simple.

Good luck with your bitter atttitude.

To no one in particular,
I have been at NJA (EJA) 6 years , and simply put ,it is a job.
:Do I like it ? Yes.
:Am I staying ? Yes.
:Do I feel like a loser? No.
The company treats me well. The contract is under negotiation.
The airplanes are new,and there is no daily hub and spoke work.
Suits me.
Too describe the perfect job.
:Give me and airplane all exspenses paid . Fly it anywhere I want with friends and family on board.
That would be fun,and fun is not spelled JOB.

Just got back from a 6 day tour. Had the time of my life. Man, this job sucks!!!! hahahahaha

Whatever this guy is smoking, we need to get some so we can put it on the market and retire early!!! LMAO

Later Brothers!
gump

Schavola,

Man, you just crack me up.....In both site where NJA is discussed, you refer to Part 121 aviators as "pilots".......The obvious implication is that those of us at NJA are not "real" pilots.......
WOW! I guess that ATP in my pocket with the three type ratings must just be a joke......

The money and schedule at the regionals is better than here at NJA? So, I assume that you were a regional pilot before this and know all about it, huh? No? Well, I was and the quality of life here is significantly better than whatI experienced at the regional that I was at......

Me thinks you had a bit of an attitude problem at NJA.....That must be what you're talking about when you project back on the company as "propaganda"........I guess you can't take a square peg and put it into a round hole......

Actually, I feel kinda sorry for you. You didn't fit in and got booted as a result.......They let people out of the training contract that they don't want on the property. Frankly, I would suggest that you take a good long look in the mirror and own up to your own insecurities and work on yourself before venturing out again. You've got some issues to work through to make it out here or anywhere else......

Best wishes......

Time of your life??

Hey Gump88,

I have a question about the FRAC business. A lot has been said about the intense schedules flying FRACs. You said you were on a 6 day trip and “had the time of your life.” I’m assuming you’re exaggerating slightly, or you are not on the work 14 / off 10 hour schedule. I’m curious as to what you consider the time of your life. Because if it’s anything like I would imagine, then I’m walking into NetJets’ office and sitting there until I get an interview.

CC,

This past tour did not involve working 14/10 schedules. In fact, the average for the week was 10 hour days, 13.5 hours rest, 3 legs per day, and 17.4 hours flying total.

I had the best Mexican Food I have ever tasted in Sante Fe, NM. Listened to the Coyottes howl at the moon on the back deck of my 300 dollar per night hotel, and shot a beautiful visual approach into Eagle, CO. Please forgive my enthusiasm, but I am just a country boy from NC who is very happy to be at NETJETS. This is my 4th job in this buisness and to say it is the best would be a gross understatement!

Someone pass the kool-aid!

gump:D

As stability was the focus of this thread earlier, rather than the relative masculinity of the industry's pilots, there is an excellent article from AvWeek on the subject. I'd gladly fly for NetJets, but there is no sure thing in any business. The days of the 6 month upgrade cannot last forever, it is an abberation, albeit one of considerable duration. http://www.aviationweek.com/shownews/02nbaa/special2.htm

Seeing as so many of you are planning on a career at NJA (or maybe other fractionals), how is the retirement?

Retirement at NJA is now based on the company throwing in $.50 on the dollar for your 401k up to 15% of your salary.......Now I didn't run the numbers, but some of the ex-Comair guys did and I was told that this beats the "retirement package" plus 401k that they have there now. Whether or not that is accurate, I don't know. And what may be added towards our retirement with this next contract is anyone's guess, but I'm sure that anything will put us above what we would have received at Comair from what I understand.

Latest resources

Back