• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional Pilots - How many days off?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At Comair a line holder usual gets 15 days off. Reserve is min 11 days soon to be 12 days in a 31 calender day month on our contracts aniversary in june. If you do mostly one days trips you can get 18 days off. Min line is built to 82.

146 schedules for May out of ATW show min 12 days off on reserve and 14 to 18 days off for line holders with around an 80hr block. This is for AWAC.

For May I have 14 days off and blocked for 86 hours. That 86 hours is all flight time too no dead heads or soft pay credits i.e. min pay hour days ect..

Just read my schedule for May. 16 days off. 83 hours. No less than 3 days in a row off all month. Every Sunday off. Two four day trips. Three two day trips. One out and back. I started one week vacation today and with consecutive days off that I bid for I don't go back to work until the second week of May. With two years seniority I'm just over halfway up the seniority list for FO's. Life is good at CMR.

Last edited:
i can get a very commutable line at comair with 15 days off a month, anywhere from 82 to 85 hours of credit a month. i would peg my f/o seniority at around half way up the list with just over two years here (86er).

four 4-day trips for may: trip, two days off, trip, five days off, trip, three days off, trip, 5 days off in that order...

i would like to correct one commonly held misconception that ACE mentioned in his post. when we go to 12 days min for reserves in june, it will be for 31 day "bid periods", not "calender months". this may not seem important, but it is. jan and mar are 31 day months, but they are NOT 31 day bid periods. so, only 11 days off for those months.

isn't mesa's new contract something like 8 days off for reserves? way to raise the bar there...

Last edited:
I've been averaging 16 days off a month with 85 hours flying. With my commuting, I'm home 13 or so days a month.

Pinnacle...

18 is the best I have ever seen, the lowest for a line holder is usually 11 but 10 is per contract.

Reserves can be either 12 or 10 days off depending on the type of reserve.

All bases are about equal in time off, the average tends to be in the 13-15 day's off range with block in the mid 80's.

Captains recently.. 90+ in block (guarantee is 75) and 11 days off as an average when they were bidding seperately from us.

I am in the middle seniority for my base (DTW) and can hold a commutable 14 day line that blocks anywhere in the mid 80's.

With some trips you can get a the first day start in the late afternoon/early evening and finish on the last day before 9 am.

Lastly.. money can be made here as we have open time like nothing I have ever seen before. For whatever reason we do not give open time to reserves, so the line holders get richer and the reserve get guarantee and maybe 20 hours a month if they are lucky... 30-7 is almost a given once or twice a month for most guys.

Latest resources

Back