Regional Pilots - How many days off?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flight-crew

I'm interested in how many days off pilots at other Regional airlines get.

Could you please post your typical line with respect to days off and block hours per month. I'm interested in both the best lines and the crappy lines.

At Allegheny it can vary between bases. Min day off is 10 all around line/resv.

In syr we get a max of 16 days off on the top lines down to 10 on the lower lines including resv/buildup. the lines are blocked/credited from 83 to 91 hours. Avg about 86 hours.

ABE which is closing in June mostly got screwed due to the shorter range flying they due. The LGA lines this month have like 14-off and 91 blocked.

Overall I'd say company wide your looking at 12.5 days per month and avg 90 hours of pay per month. Air Inc says that we avg 100 hours of pay/month but that went down with the twin towers. Before 911 you never had less than 115 to 120 hours on your pay sheet per month due to prem pay but thats hard to get now plus the pay sheets are done w/ a computer system now.

12.5 days off with average 86 hours pay. That sounds awesome to me. Colgan gets 13-15 days off, with like 60-70 hous bock time. Not for everyone, but this has been my average. You can never make extra money.

LearLove, may be people would fly our stuff more if i drew a huge cock and double D tits on the side of it? I have been laughing at that post for 2 days now.

ASA Min 10 days off

Average junior line 10-13 days off, low to mid 80s block time.

This month I do 3 on 4 off, 16 days off, 79hrs block.

Our line construction has improved a lot lately, mostly due to a retired line pilot adding much needed brain cells to the Crew Planning Dept.

Some of our senior lines on the -200 are downright cushy these days.

CHQ 12 days for line holders
11 on res. I avg 14-15

I make it a point to ask senior captains I fly with what sort of schedules they can hold....

Consistently, our senior guys hold 15/16 days off commutable lines. I've heard if you're a local senior FO or Capt and are in to the day trip thing, you can get up to 18 days off a month.

I'm pretty junior, but the guys right above me holding the lowest lines are getting around 14 days off/month.

At PDT the minimum is 10 days off. Max right now is about 16 days. Most of the lines get around 13 days off. Pay credit is hard to say, it changes quite a bit, one month it could be in the low 80's or the high 80's

Although I'm not a commuter, the commutability of our lines at any base blows at best. The company just dosen't seem to care and as a result gets sick calls out the wazoo. Funny thing a commutable line I.E. one which starts in the afternoon and ends in the morning is good for people who don't commute either. I mean wouldn't anyone want to go in late on day one of a trip and get off early on day four. Like I said they just don't care.

No matter how much we scream at them they continue to make a vast majority of the trips show early on the first day and get in late afternoon/early evening on the last.

Funny thing though, the days on the road (i.e. days 2 and 3 of a 4 day or day 2 of a 3 day) have like 2 legs where you show a 7am and do like ROC-DCA-ROC and are done by 10:30am and go to the hotel and do nothing. Meanwhile day 4 of a 4 day has a 12.5 hour duty day and 8 legs and gets in at 9:30pm. And they wonder why some around here are pissed. If they can build line like this, they most likley can do it the other way, but like I said they just don't care.

Latest resources

Back