• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional pilot pay numbers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Working to vote out ALPA just like US AIR did. Enough is enough with the union BS. It ain't working. Since I'm paying for it, time to organize a vote out. Lots on the bandwagon. It's tough to do, but it can be done.

Have you stopped to look to see how bad of a shambles representation at USAir is?

Well you guys are non union, how come you haven't been able to do the above? We're stuck with decades of union mandated pay that was designed for J31s and Metroliners. We can only do so much every 10 years...

Because the majority of the pilots at SkyWest are management lapdogs incapable of thinking about the future. I moved on to greener pastures during the last union drive. I can't emphasis enough how clueless those guys are. Now I guess Chip, SkyWest CEO, is hinting that if they'll fly the Q400 cheaper than anyone else they'll be rewarded with growth. Congress should be ALL over these guys. They didn't learn one d@mn thing from Colgan! BTW, Chip is RAA Treasurer. Does it make sense now?

ALPA National Sucks!

ALPA has done more to promote safety, compensation and work rules in this industry than ANY other organization. Sure, Prater is a self serving tool who should be recalled but I would not decertify.

Because the majority of the pilots at SkyWest are management lapdogs incapable of thinking about the future. I moved on to greener pastures during the last union drive. I can't emphasis enough how clueless those guys are. Now I guess Chip, SkyWest CEO, is hinting that if they'll fly the Q400 cheaper than anyone else they'll be rewarded with growth. Congress should be ALL over these guys. They didn't learn one d@mn thing from Colgan! BTW, Chip is RAA Treasurer. Does it make sense now?

To whom has Chip made this hint?

ALPA has done more to promote safety, compensation and work rules in this industry than ANY other organization. Sure, Prater is a self serving tool who should be recalled but I would not decertify.

Pilots take for granted all the things ALPA has fought for, every time they take to the skies.

Let's say a Captain on a 50 seat RJ makes $65/hr and the F.O. makes $35/hr. On a full flight it is costs each passenger roughly $2.00/hr to pay the pilots ($4.00/hr half full). Now let's say we pay the Captain $100/hr and the F.O. $65/hr. The cost per passenger would be roughly $3.30/hr on a full flight ($6.60/hr half full). It would cost about $1.30-$2.60/hr per passenger to properly pay the pilots. That is on a 50 seat RJ! There are regionals flying 76+ seat airplanes around. Are there really Regional guys stupid enough to believe they shouldn't make a liveable wage?! A lot of folks spend more than that on Starbucks before the flight.

Just keep in mind that it is not the regional airline that sets the ticket price.

Latest resources

Back