Regional pilot pay numbers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skywest Pylot

Let's say a Captain on a 50 seat RJ makes $65/hr and the F.O. makes $35/hr. On a full flight it is costs each passenger roughly $2.00/hr to pay the pilots ($4.00/hr half full). Now let's say we pay the Captain $100/hr and the F.O. $65/hr. The cost per passenger would be roughly $3.30/hr on a full flight ($6.60/hr half full). It would cost about $1.30-$2.60/hr per passenger to properly pay the pilots. That is on a 50 seat RJ! There are regionals flying 76+ seat airplanes around. Are there really Regional guys stupid enough to believe they shouldn't make a liveable wage?! A lot of folks spend more than that on Starbucks before the flight.

Well you guys are non union, how come you haven't been able to do the above? We're stuck with decades of union mandated pay that was designed for J31s and Metroliners. We can only do so much every 10 years...

Well you guys are non union, how come you haven't been able to do the above? We're stuck with decades of union mandated pay that was designed for J31s and Metroliners. We can only do so much every 10 years...
ALPA National Sucks!

Why? Or more important, what are you doing about that?
Working to vote out ALPA just like US AIR did. Enough is enough with the union BS. It ain't working. Since I'm paying for it, time to organize a vote out. Lots on the bandwagon. It's tough to do, but it can be done.

There are regionals flying 76+ seat airplanes around. Are there really Regional guys stupid enough to believe they shouldn't make a liveable wage?! A lot of folks spend more than that on Starbucks before the flight.

Huh? You can't be at skywest and make that statement. Have you looked at what your pay rates are based on? They go way above 76 seats.

Working to vote out ALPA just like US AIR did. Enough is enough with the union BS. It ain't working. Since I'm paying for it, time to organize a vote out. Lots on the bandwagon. It's tough to do, but it can be done.

Let us know how your campaign goes.

I bet you have never been to a meeting. Good Luck--guess, we will all know who you are if you ever follow through!

ALPA should lobby congress to enact a flat tax.

I'm a proponent of the Fair Tax. http://www.fairtax.org/site/PageServer

And what has that done for the US Air pilots? If you don't like leadership, recall them and elect new ones. Plus that's easier than de-certifying.;)

Latest resources

Back