• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional Jets vs. Turbo Props.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nah, which ever gets you the PIC to get you to a legacy or strong LCC. You just shouldn't be planning on staying at a Regional long term. 15,000 legacy retirements in the next decade. You don't want to be at the end of that hiring wave. You want to get in ASAP. Go for the a Regional with the fewest lifers. Be an FO for a year or two, move up to Capt and then move on.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You need banned. Out of complete control.

Nah, which ever gets you the PIC to get you to a legacy or strong LCC. You just shouldn't be planning on staying at a Regional long term. 15,000 legacy retirements in the next decade. You don't want to be at the end of that hiring wave. You want to get in ASAP. Go for the a Regional with the fewest lifers. Be an FO for a year or two, move up to Capt and then move on.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Or, just endlessly post the same drivel over and over while accumulating 20,000.00 posts on flightinfo!!!!:puke:

Last edited:
Or, just endlessly post the same drivel over and over while accumulating 20,000.00 posts on flightinfo!!!!:puke:

Maybe you'll listen and get hired by a good airline then! Oh you did? Sure you didn't! Btw, I don't care what you did. Bye now!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Bye Bye---General Lee

After having gone through a regional to a LCC, I do agree with this. It is sound advice. Choosing a regional for a hub isn't a safe thing. Hubs - especially at regionals - come and go just as quickly as mainline partner flying. I'd go with the quickest movement for a regional, get in, get your time and get out.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Absolutely agree.

I flew the Q400 for the first time from Baltimore to Newark. It's a very nice plane to fly in vs. a regional jet. I was sitting near the prop and it was unusually quiet compared to the older Dash 8's at US Airways Express.

I flew the RJ's and props as a passenger. My original thread was concerning those pilots who have flown the aircraft mentioned.

Latest resources

Back