regional hotel life

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wrong!

It is within 50 feet from the aircraft!!!
You cant smoke within 8 hours of flying. What is your malfunction private!:eek:

OK, just kidding :laugh:

I'm willing to go out on a limb here and declare that no regional requires double occupancy for line flying. Newhires, maybe but not in day-to-day operations. First reason, there'd be threads on flightinfo entitled "Hottest FO You've Ever Shared a Room With." Second, can you imagine the legal risk taken by a company that squeezes opposite (or hell, same) sex crewmembers into a single sleeping quarters.....there'd be harassment lawsuits out the ying yang.

Ummm, actually.....

At Air Midwest (part of Mesa Air Group). When we arrive in CLT before sunrise and don't leave till afternoon. The company provides us with 1 room for the CA and FO to share. There is no FA. They don't consider us "off duty".

But we do get two beds. The CA gets the TV remote control.

biscuit said:
Ummm, actually.....

At Air Midwest (part of Mesa Air Group). When we arrive in CLT before sunrise and don't leave till afternoon. The company provides us with 1 room for the CA and FO to share. There is no FA. They don't consider us "off duty".

But we do get two beds. The CA gets the TV remote control.

Now tell me why that doesn't surprise me.

ASA tried to get us to bunk up in BTR after Katrina. They even went as far as lying that Eagle and Coex were doubling up so we should too. Until our MEC called the MEC's at Eagle and Coex and they said they were'nt and never had. NICE!!!

What I would like to hear is some of the stories that people have while at the hotel.

Ex.
My crew arrived at the hotel after a 7 leg 11+ duty hour day. I got my key and went to my room. When I tried to open the door the key did not work (no suprise there) and there was someone in the room. I went back down to the front desk and they verified they gave my room away. All the other rooms in the hotel were full as were all other local hotels. The only other option was crash in the captains room or get a room that was listed as out of service. OK I will take the room with a few tiles loose in the shower. I go into the room to discover a hole in the bathroom wall big enough for me to step into and tiles overflowing the shower. Then to add to the fun, the front desk calls me at 630 am to give me my original room back after I had not gotten to bed till 230am. I hate KPIH!

Latest resources

Back