• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional furloughs/hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJT is going to ramp up hiring again during the winter to get people on for the expansion of flying in the spring. After that.... who knows. The instructors I have spoken with have said management does not see a slow down in training for the near future. Only time will tell... I think it is a good place to work.

If you have ANY 121 time and would like to work with expressjet send in your resume ASAP. I know they have been giving the 121/135 guys and gals calls sooner then the flight instructor types.

Best of Luck,
celloman

Did the online application for xjet two weeks ago, no call yet. Did the same with Skywest and had an interview date within 3 hours.

well good luck on getting on with skywest. I am sure you will get a call from XJET also. The hiring department is still recouperating from the training center shutting down for the hurricane.

Metroman said:
Did the online application for xjet two weeks ago, no call yet. Did the same with Skywest and had an interview date within 3 hours.

Did XJET app in July...they finally called me for an interview in late September...and I went through the furlough link. They don't seem very enthusiastic to hire furloughed 121 people. Skywest called me in 2 days, CHQ called me in 1 day, Mesaba called me in 3 days..

Although these days...the tune Flight of the Valkyries from Apocalypse Now comes to mind for our industry...there's no where to hide.

Last edited:
so which did you choose to go with if you dont mind me asking. Actually we do like to hire furloughed pilots just ask the many INDY guys and gals over here now its just we had a switch in personel in the hiring department and a hurricane that shut down the training center. I wish yall would get calls faster but be patient if still waiting. good luck

Sioux115 said:
Horizon is still hiring

Ive got a UND grad buddy who is ready to move on from instructing that is considering Horizon. What are the upgrade and reserve times looking like? Ive warned him what I have heard but I know he would enjoy the NW.

Metroman said:

Submitted with Skywest 8/15. Heard nothing yet.

Latest resources

Back