Regional FOs: Check out NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see the US is finally looking at approving a new nuclear power plant

And it's only been, what, three decades since the last one? It's time that we start building these things left and right. There's no reason for us to be burning coal, oil, and natural gas to provide electricity when we have nuclear power at our disposal.

Unreal....I thought we had it bad here at $2.50 - $2.99 a gallon.

Interesting to say the least...

Two words: Ethanol subsidies.

It's artificially raising the cost of corn (which feeds cows) through the roof. We could just buy the stuff direct from central/south America. It's much cheaper . . or would be, if Congress didn't slap a .51 cents PER GALLON on imported ethanol to protect giant American Agri-business . . er, I mean the "family farmer".

And it's only been, what, three decades since the last one? It's time that we start building these things left and right. There's no reason for us to be burning coal, oil, and natural gas to provide electricity when we have nuclear power at our disposal.

Holy Crap! That's the first post PCL has put up that I agree with 100%! Too bad we had to thread-jack a Net Jets hiring forum to get there!

Hi!

Is Vegamite on the NJ food list?

cliff
ABQ

Hilliary has been living in Iowa all year, she want to significantly raise ethanol subsities. She needs to buy those votes.

NO AIRLINE is as stable as Netjets.

I think that is a bold statement to make. Buisness is Buisness and if I remember right, the fractionals took a beating and all struggled to make money after 9/11 as well. This when private air travel should have been booming because of the security issues. The only difference between NJ and an Airline is that it's Buffet's money not Government money bailing them out.

The fact is that there are more poor people in the world than rich so I think the airlines are very stable.

I think ONE of the weaknesses with the fractionals is PR stuff when global warming legislation comes about. One person on a G5 spewing fuel from JFK to LAX instead of sitting on a 76 will be the type of thing that will be all over the news. Don't get me wrong, it won't destroy the industry, but NOBODY is immune, not even Mr. Buffet. If his industry is hurt, he will hold on loosing money all the way until he is the last frac standing then he will sell, in theory at least.

I think that is a bold statement to make. Buisness is Buisness and if I remember right, the fractionals took a beating and all struggled to make money after 9/11 as well. This when private air travel should have been booming because of the security issues. The only difference between NJ and an Airline is that it's Buffet's money not Government money bailing them out.

The fact is that there are more poor people in the world than rich so I think the airlines are very stable.

I think ONE of the weaknesses with the fractionals is PR stuff when global warming legislation comes about. One person on a G5 spewing fuel from JFK to LAX instead of sitting on a 76 will be the type of thing that will be all over the news. Don't get me wrong, it won't destroy the industry, but NOBODY is immune, not even Mr. Buffet. If his industry is hurt, he will hold on loosing money all the way until he is the last frac standing then he will sell, in theory at least.

Actually after 9/11 the fracs really did not hurt that bad and the very few people laid off were back in 6 months. In reality the Fracs are the safest place because these people have enough money that if the economy hits the skids then they will keep flying while the airlines cut service and put people on the street.

Bailey

You need to visit Wal-mart man. A few weeks ago it was 2.99/gal. Heck, it's only 4.75/gal on Guam.

As a poor regional FO living in ATL, one who can't afford to shop at Publix. I can attest milk was 4.49 a gallon for the cheap Wal-mart brand milk at my local Supercenter. Ditto to 65k not going far.

... and if I remember right, the fractionals took a beating and all struggled to make money after 9/11 as well.

NetJets was doing just fine. Remember, these weren't people who stopped buying tickets. These were people who owned these airplanes (portions of them), and were bound by their management contracts.

The only difference between NJ and an Airline is that it's Buffet's money not Government money bailing them out.
That's incorrect on many levels. A little research on the way Warren Buffett operates his businesses would be helpful here. He doesn't have one business cover the losses of the other -- he runs them as independent businesses, which have to survive on their own.

I think ONE of the weaknesses with the fractionals is PR stuff when global warming legislation comes about. One person on a G5 spewing fuel from JFK to LAX instead of sitting on a 76 will be the type of thing that will be all over the news.
We're all over that:
http://www.netjets.com/About_NetJets/NetJets_Climate_Initiative.asp

Latest resources

Back