• Friendliest aviation community on the web
LearLove said:

Chit Taco

Got some problem withChautauqua?

Chq 11/30/00

CAPTAIN 50-59 Seat Turbojet

CAPTAIN 37-49 Seat Turbojet

Chautauqua

Most junior captain I saw on the most recent award list DOH was 1/11/01. There was no hiring between 9/01 and 10/02, and there are a lot of people who have been skipped over for captain spots; Some of them don't have the 2500 hours necessary to upgrade, from what I understand, and some enjoy the schedules of bidding high-up in base. There are all sorts of rumors of how much we'll end up expanding; I figure I'll either be captain by the end of the year or out of a job. Oh well.

jbDC9 said:
Nice attitude, dork... let me guess, you were gung-ho on the flow through, couldn't wait to get that FO seat on the 737 after a coupla years. Yeaaa, we love the contractually agreed-to flow through! Can't wait to get to mainline!

Uh oh, downturn in the industry, what's that? Furloughs, whattaya mean? Dammit, I hate this contractually agreed-to flow through!

That seems to be the attitude I've heard on these boards from some EXJ types, when things were going well with lots of growth, the flow thru was a good thing... now, they hate it. Sorry guys, it's a cyclical industry, it can't always keep going up. If it makes you feel any better, you still have new jets coming and are still taking over mainline flying... so there's a warm, fuzzy feeling for ya.

Nice attitude yourself. In no way did I come to XJT for the flow thru agreement. As a matter of fact, I didn't even know about the flow thru agreement till well after I had started working at Express. I think its funny how when times were good we could only hope at best to go to the bottom of your seniority list and was told DOH wasn't possible, but when it goes the other way, you off the street guys get DOH intigration with our list. Its also very funny that we have to interview with CAL to make sure we are fit to fly for your prestegious airline, but its ok to just come to Express without any interview for the OTS pilots from CAL. We need to make sure that the OTS guys are good to fly for our airline as well.

hey quit it, before a giant hand comes thru your computer screen and smacks both of you silly.

Dav8or - No, no prob w/ Chit Taco, its just a name, I've got several good friends there (capts and FO's) and often chat with your guys in LGA and PHL.

Take Care

PSA

Here the most junior Capt. has a Hire Date of 10/30/2000. This month he was down graded to FO for the reduced sched. but should go back to Capt. in a few weeks.

30-36 Seat Turboprop Aircraft with a 10/30/2000 hire date should put this individual at the 2-3year Capt. scale. Thats $41.19/hr. On 5/01/03 his rate on the same 2-3year Capt. scale goes to $42.01/hr.

If we had jets, (45-50 Seat Jet Aircraft), he would make $52.95/hr. And when he gets to the 3-4year Capt Scale on 10/30/2003, it would go to $58.55/hr.

Good Luck with the research.

At Mesaba:

Most junior Saab Captain ~ Nov 98 @ 46.87/hr

On the Avro ~ Jan - Mar 98 @ 64.20/hr

Just a ball park for Colgan,

SF340B CAP DOH 7/00 43/hr
BE1900 CAP DOH 5/02 34.5/hr aprox (however,colgan continually hires off the street captains into the beech, the most recent off the street captain was a few months ago at 1st yr pay i think, 33/hr).

Atlantic Coast

CRJ: Most jr. DOH CA is 12/00.

FRJ: Most jr. DOH CA is Jan/Feb 01

J41: Most jr. DOH CA is April 02
*Note in the J41 it was pretty fluky that CA fell to people w/ April 02 DOH. A lot of J41 FOs had given up on bidding J41 CA because the co. told us J41 was going away. Consequently they bid for CRJ FO (approx a $12-13 raise over J41 FO pay) only to be withheld and subsequently locked into their CRJ FO bid when a surprising J41 CA bid came out in the fall of 02. Thus, many of the jr. most J41 CAs will end up going to the right seat of the CRJ.

*Also note that in all three fleet types, their are plenty of FOs who could have held CA but passed on it for various reasons. Eg: their are plenty of CRJ/FRJ FOs with DOH from early/mid/late 2000 onwards who have more seniority than the jr. most CA in the fleet but elected not to upgrade for various reasons. If we ever do upgrade people (which will not happen for a long long long time I suspect) it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

*The other 'X' factor in the Atlantic Coast bidding situation is the senior J41 CAs and whether they will elect to go CRJ or FRJ once/if the J41 is retired.

JT

Pinnacle

Junior Captain (street Captain) is June/July 2001 at a current rate of $56.81

Now we have some people who got on board as an FO and upgraded in about 8 months, they will have an approx DOH of spring/summer of '01 as well.

The difference (if any) is the street Captains will still be reserve's for about another year or more.

Latest resources

Back