• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional CFI's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you're a regional captain your FSDO will renew it on the spot without the refresher courses.

If you're a regional captain your FSDO will renew it on the spot without the refresher courses.

Unfortunately, this is incorrect. This is an issue that is interpreted differently in different regions. I asked this specific question of the Atlanta FSDO when I renewed last October and was told that an IP or LCA in a 121 environment can renew their CFI, but a regular line flying Captain can not.

It's worth the question to your friendly local FSDO, but don't take it for granted that you will be able to renew your CFI simply by presenting a stack of FO evaluation forms.

For those that that tell me to open another window. Yes, I do that. However, it's still time consuming. I have better things to do with my time.

Pogue- I signed up for this site about 11 years ago. Those were the flight times I had at the time.

Sluf- I renew because I paid for it and why not. If it can be as easy as copying a few answers down and a bit of paperwork, I might as well. Should I ever decide to use it again for any reason, I will of course brush up on a few things. But, since I have another job, and don't plan on using it at all in the near future, I will continue to take the easiest road possible.

Thanks to everyone else who has PM'd me and Max.

Unfortunately, this is incorrect. This is an issue that is interpreted differently in different regions. I asked this specific question of the Atlanta FSDO when I renewed last October and was told that an IP or LCA in a 121 environment can renew their CFI, but a regular line flying Captain can not.

They did it in ATL for many years, but stopped I believe in 2006 for some reason. I got mine renewed 3 or 4 times through them, then had to do start using FIRCs.

Latest resources

Back