Regional Captian Douchebag Syndrome-RCDS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KeroseneSnorter said:
things look very very different from the left. I found myself checking and worrying about crap that I didn't even know existed when I was in the right seat.

quote]

Bingo.

FO to me during my brief..."My dad did is ..., I've done ...I have tons of experience doing ..., My upgrade should be in about six months...blah. blah. blah."

Me thinking I'm with Chuck Yeagers illigitimate son..."Alright...your leg."

Fo to me after shooting an approach which wasn't even CLOSE to minimums."Goddam....that was tight. I didn't think we'd get in...Wow....that was AWESOME..."

oooookkkkkkaaaaayyyyy.....

Like the guys above said...RCDS starts early before the move to the left seat.

(By the way, I'm DYING to fly in the right seat for General Lee).
Mookie

Mookie said:
FO to me during my brief..."My dad did is ..., I've done ...I have tons of experience doing ..., My upgrade should be in about six months...blah. blah. blah."

Me thinking I'm with Chuck Yeagers illigitimate son..."Alright...your leg."

Fo to me after shooting an approach which wasn't even CLOSE to minimums."Goddam....that was tight. I didn't think we'd get in...Wow....that was AWESOME..."

oooookkkkkkaaaaayyyyy.....

Like the guys above said...RCDS starts early before the move to the left seat.

(By the way, I'm DYING to fly in the right seat for General Lee).
Mookie

yeah, so what...probably the best(read: unstable, out of trim, triple-bounce) landing you've ever seen!!!!!

oh by the way let's not forget three chip-ins in one round!!!

please pass the maxim, my nap is over. ;)

Maybe this is just a case of FODS, First Officer Douchebag Syndrome.

Either way, if youre a CA or an FO and someone does something dumb, speak up.

Last edited:
BusDriver12.... feel better? Why not grow some and deal with the capt directly instead of posting here.....

I'm not saying you don't have points, but you also don't have the social skills to deal directly with your fellow pilot.

FO are physical pilots. They have checklist to run, data to input and switches to move.

Capts. are in thier heads. The reason why they don't respond right away to your self initiated check list is becuase they are thinking about the flight 20 minutes from now and what will need to be done.....

Within the flight deck, FOs are 'labor' and Capts are 'management.'

Why don't you wait till you logged at least 500 PIC before you post something you know nothing about and don't have the guts to say face to face.... Rather than being an antagonistic whiney task monkey, why don't you try being the best FO you can, then when its your turn, you'll find upgrade isn't so bad....

Rant over...

Last edited:
Deer Killer,

3 bounces for a bra, ain't bad.

Three chip ins and you still shot 100!!! (although the one left handed was pretty pimp.)

Shouldn't you be engaging Vnav or something? I'm sure you have plenty of time to read maxim now at Mainline.

Mookie

Listening to these Fo's whine hold about the same weight as the passenger who says "Do you know how often I fly?"

Get in the left seat, then we'll talk.

KeroseneSnorter said:
No one who has served in the left seat would make some of the statements that the F/O's here are making. Sure there are bad Captains out there, but when it is your name on the release, and your professional A$$ on the line, things look very very different from the left. I found myself checking and worrying about crap that I didn't even know existed when I was in the right seat.

Wait till these guys upgrade, most will probably wish they could come back and remove a lot of what they posted on this thread.

RCDS still exists in most of these FO's. But like some diseases they are just a carrier and it hasn't manifested itself yet. You can tell who these guys are. They try to lead the CA to do things that aren't in good judgement. When the CA tells them that it's not allowed they reply with "This CA last week I flew with did it."

As I recall the hardest thing about being
a FO was being a good guy and adjusting
to the different CA's management style like
FO's are supposed to do...

The toughest thing about being a CA?

Flying with an FO that thinks another minute
in the right seat is a waste of his time. They
seem to have the most to learn! And then
there's the one that calls for taxi and starts
reading the afterstart check (without it being
called for or asking if I want-it per the book) and misses the taxi clearance! That, my friends is classic!

Someday all y'all might upgrade and see what
I'm talking about...

There are tools in both seats. Tools that work
gates, maintenance, at burger king, heck, it's
an epidemic! Grow up and whine about
something useful-like the cost of home
heating oil!

Maybe you should start a tool watch page
so we can see who spots the biggest jerk
of the day!

Last edited:

Latest resources