• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional AQP Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually you can sign up for it. The approval process is not easy.

4-3. APPROVAL PROCESS.
Applicants develop, implement, and operate the AQP in five
sequential phases. FAA approval of each phase marks the completion of that phase and entry
into the next. Developing and implementing an AQP requires a commitment of resources for
both the FAA and a certificate holder. The FAA and the certificate holder must use their
resources in an effective and efficient manner. The FAA has established a transition time
criterion in order to provide a clear delineation of FAA expectations regarding reasonable
progress towards AQP implementation. Accordingly, continuation in AQP for applicants who
do not initiate phase IV within the 30th month of phase I approval, as indicated in figure 4-1, will
be subject to a review and analysis of their progression towards completing AQP. If
circumstances do not warrant an extension, AQP and the Single Visit Training Program Plan
approval (if applicable) may be withdrawn

Okay, ur right. Anyone can sign up for it. LOL

I meant it just wasn't handed out by the FAA.

Okay, ur right. Anyone can sign up for it. LOL

I meant it just wasn't handed out by the FAA.

[/left]

The carrot for an airline to go AQP is COST SAVINGS, yes perhaps it's true that the training might be better (that is the goal anyway) but the real carrot (for the airline) is Single Visit Training.

AQP works best and saves you money when you a large stable pilot force. If your expanding, have high turnover (like regionals) or have a lot of people transitioning from one AC type to another, AQP is actually more expensive than a conventional program.

Last I heard we would have to trend information for two years before we could go to once a year training.

Latest resources

Back