Regional Airline Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kngarthur

What should be the ideal/fair payscale for a regional airline pilot?

Depends on the size of the airplane. But I would have been happy starting at $45/hr instead of $21.50

$$$4nothin said:
Depends on the size of the airplane. But I would have been happy starting at $45/hr instead of $21.50

Let's say 20-50, 51-70, 71-90, 90+

I would say that considering economic condition and as of right now it would be:

20-50 CA/FO 50-70 CA/FO 71-90 CA/FO 90+ CA/FO
50K/30K 60K/30K 90K/40K 150K/50K

I could be wrong on these figures, but would anyone else like to comment?

$$$4nothin said:

So would engineers and doctors.

So would doctors and engineers...

I believe doctors and engineers are compensated for every moment they are at work.

....most airline pilots do not receive compensation based on a 40hr. work- week. We should care more about our monthly take-home pay and less about our hourly pay. $24hr. first year pay sounds extragavant until you realize you are only going to gross 22K for the year.

This is part of the reason why the general public thinks every airline pilot makes $200K a year.

My .02,

Keith

keith said:
I believe doctors and engineers are compensated for every moment they are at work.

....most airline pilots do not receive compensation based on a 40hr. work- week. We should care more about our monthly take-home pay and less about our hourly pay. $24hr. first year pay sounds extragavant until you realize you are only going to gross 22K for the year.

This is part of the reason why the general public thinks every airline pilot makes $200K a year.

My .02,

Keith

You can thank our unions for aiding in the creation of the convoluted means by which we are paid. Anyone have a good reason we're not paid an hourly rate for duty time regardless of whether we fly or not? If I'm at work from 10:00am to 10:00pm then I would rather get paid for 12 hours at a decent hourly rate, regardless how much I fly.

keith said:

My .02,

Keith

Sounds like your in the wrong business

DirkkDiggler said:
You can thank our unions for aiding in the creation of the convoluted means by which we are paid. Anyone have a good reason we're not paid an hourly rate for duty time regardless of whether we fly or not? If I'm at work from 10:00am to 10:00pm then I would rather get paid for 12 hours at a decent hourly rate, regardless how much I fly.

I agree with this statement 100%. I am confused with how they have justified not paying us for the whole time we are on duty? My time should be money right? Oh wait, we get $1.50/hr per diem. I almost forgot about that.

Latest resources

Back