• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Regional Airline Pay

kngarthur

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Posts
348
Total Time
1850
What should be the ideal/fair payscale for a regional airline pilot?
 

$$$4nothin

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Posts
815
Total Time
9000+
Depends on the size of the airplane. But I would have been happy starting at $45/hr instead of $21.50
 

kngarthur

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Posts
348
Total Time
1850
$$$4nothin said:
Depends on the size of the airplane. But I would have been happy starting at $45/hr instead of $21.50

Let's say 20-50, 51-70, 71-90, 90+

I would say that considering economic condition and as of right now it would be:

20-50 CA/FO 50-70 CA/FO 71-90 CA/FO 90+ CA/FO
50K/30K 60K/30K 90K/40K 150K/50K

I could be wrong on these figures, but would anyone else like to comment?
 

kngarthur

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Posts
348
Total Time
1850
$$$4nothin said:
Depends on the size of the airplane. But I would have been happy starting at $45/hr instead of $21.50

So would engineers and doctors.
 

keith

Active member
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Posts
27
Total Time
1800
So would doctors and engineers...

I believe doctors and engineers are compensated for every moment they are at work.

....most airline pilots do not receive compensation based on a 40hr. work- week. We should care more about our monthly take-home pay and less about our hourly pay. $24hr. first year pay sounds extragavant until you realize you are only going to gross 22K for the year.

This is part of the reason why the general public thinks every airline pilot makes $200K a year.

My .02,

Keith
 

DirkkDiggler

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Posts
422
Total Time
biznes
keith said:
I believe doctors and engineers are compensated for every moment they are at work.

....most airline pilots do not receive compensation based on a 40hr. work- week. We should care more about our monthly take-home pay and less about our hourly pay. $24hr. first year pay sounds extragavant until you realize you are only going to gross 22K for the year.

This is part of the reason why the general public thinks every airline pilot makes $200K a year.

My .02,

Keith

You can thank our unions for aiding in the creation of the convoluted means by which we are paid. Anyone have a good reason we're not paid an hourly rate for duty time regardless of whether we fly or not? If I'm at work from 10:00am to 10:00pm then I would rather get paid for 12 hours at a decent hourly rate, regardless how much I fly.
 

kngarthur

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Posts
348
Total Time
1850
keith said:
I believe doctors and engineers are compensated for every moment they are at work.

....most airline pilots do not receive compensation based on a 40hr. work- week. We should care more about our monthly take-home pay and less about our hourly pay. $24hr. first year pay sounds extragavant until you realize you are only going to gross 22K for the year.

This is part of the reason why the general public thinks every airline pilot makes $200K a year.

My .02,

Keith

Sounds like your in the wrong business
 

RP170

Well-known member
Joined
May 12, 2005
Posts
1,030
Total Time
4000
DirkkDiggler said:
You can thank our unions for aiding in the creation of the convoluted means by which we are paid. Anyone have a good reason we're not paid an hourly rate for duty time regardless of whether we fly or not? If I'm at work from 10:00am to 10:00pm then I would rather get paid for 12 hours at a decent hourly rate, regardless how much I fly.

I agree with this statement 100%. I am confused with how they have justified not paying us for the whole time we are on duty? My time should be money right? Oh wait, we get $1.50/hr per diem. I almost forgot about that.
 
Top