Regional Airline New Hire Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

northernflyer

What is some good information to study prior to starting a new hire class. Also what is the usual dress attire for class.
Any info helps. Thanks

The airline should tell you prior to class what the dress code is. Typically business casual, that is slacks and a collar shirt.

Prior to class you want to study the surrounding of the hotel and find out where you can find cheap beers, hoes and where the good bars are!

Buck

If you have no turbine or turboprop experience, do yourself a HUGE favor and read "The Turbine Pilot's Flight Manual." It is made specifically for people about to start their first airline job.

It is very well written and will give you a good overview of transport category systems. I read that prior to class and in my opinion it made all the difference.

Ditto the above on dress code. They should tell you. If not, go with business casual.

Congratulations and good luck!

Butters said:
If you have no turbine or turboprop experience, do yourself a HUGE favor and read "The Turbine Pilot's Flight Manual." It is made specifically for people about to start their first airline job.

Congratulations and good luck!

I'll second that. It's a good book.

check out www.jetreview.com If they do not have the aircraft you are looking for then once you get in class and get the information, email them and they will add it for you. It's good for recurrent as well.

If you are starting at Go Jet then wear shorts and tell management that you won't fly broken jets. That should make short work of you.

buckdanny said:
The airline should tell you prior to class what the dress code is. Typically business casual, that is slacks and a collar shirt.

Prior to class you want to study the surrounding of the hotel and find out where you can find cheap beers, hoes and where the good bars are!

Buck

I 2nd that find the good bars, and drink some beers.

Pick a time at night to stop studying. Dont study til 3 am then not be able to stay awake during class. Pace your studying dont burnout during indoc.

whoa, cowboy

Flying the Line 1 and 2, Hard Landings. Reconsider, then go get your law degree. Laugh at us all the way to the bank while driving your BMW with your hot young wife on the way to your vacation home in the Rockies.

In the meantime I'll be tryin real hard to impress some mediocre looking chick by taking her to Wendy's for the dollar menu in my '91 Chevy truck that needs new tires, paint, a tuneup, and the radio only works when you hit a certain size bump at about 22-24 miles an hour. All the while tellin' myself, "just hang in there a few more years, it will all pay off!!"

I'd go to law school myself, but now I can't afford it and I'm gone all the time. I don't think they have on-line law degrees.

Latest resources

Back