• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional Airline Academy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rx7 pilot ... you are a dumb***. I instructed there at RdoubleA and all my students who got tricked into the type rating contract regreted it. I would listen to what everyone is trying to tell you. .. or you can enjoy your FO career at Eagle.

Last edited:
RX7 PILOT said:
I'd like to hear from someone who has been through the program. I see what you are all saying about being a CFI and I agree with you all. I'd just like to know what the program was like first-hand.

From the recruiter that I spoke with, nearly every pilot that completes the Flight Officer course is hired. He mentioned that american eagle recruiters visit every class and hire the majority of the students.

I did the RAA thing. There are positive and negative things that I experienced. I signed up for the program when I had no clue about what lied ahead. I didn't know what PFT was and that many people have a disdain for it. I didn't understand what the REAL conditions of the airlines are (payscales, etc). What I did know was that I had a rent free place to live right by the RAA location, and a very strong desire to fly professionally.
What I can now say from experience is to be careful about schools with big shiny ads that say things like "become a professional pilot in a few short months", because now that I have been through such a program, I can say that it is way more complicated than that. You have to watch your own back in these situations because there are a lot of factors that can get in the way, or that can screw you over - I have seen it happen many times.

I made it through the program, and got a job, but it wasn't without a pretty damn intense effort on my part, and quite a few obstacles to get through. I have watched too many people in the program who were not dedicated and thus were unsuccessful....at the same time, I have seen some others besides me who were absolutely 150% focused on what they wanted, and they got it.
....just be very clear about what you want, and whatever route you choose, do your absolute best......and enjoy it...

Didn't that kid just get a job w/like 350 hr? See u in January Dev. I will keep prayin to that ganja dude u talk about

flighttime said:
I had an interview a couple of weeks ago and the subject of paying for crj type ratings was brought up. They said that a lot of the airlines are all after canidates that have some sort of crj training, but don't go out and spend the money on a type at RAA, or anywhere else. He said Delta Connection Academy has a good class and flight training device for the crj that would be a lot cheaper and very helpful.

Delta Connection Academy - stay away. They used to have a Jet Transition course, where they put you in a simulator, no type rating. From what I understood, it was only for instructors who finished their contract and were interviewing. Would not surprise me if they opened it up to the 'public' so they can get more money. DCA is just after your money! Not your personal growth and development.

Latest resources

Back