• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional Airline Academy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RAA is all about getting theirs! Once they have your money and have met at least their minimum contractual obligation to you, they will wash their hands of you! Don't ever expect them to go the extra mile for you just because you spent 25K to 100K on their pathetic training!

I'd like to hear from someone who has been through the program. I see what you are all saying about being a CFI and I agree with you all. I'd just like to know what the program was like first-hand.

From the recruiter that I spoke with, nearly every pilot that completes the Flight Officer course is hired. He mentioned that american eagle recruiters visit every class and hire the majority of the students.

RX7 PILOT said:
I'd like to hear from someone who has been through the program. I see what you are all saying about being a CFI and I agree with you all. I'd just like to know what the program was like first-hand.

From the recruiter that I spoke with, nearly every pilot that completes the Flight Officer course is hired. He mentioned that american eagle recruiters visit every class and hire the majority of the students.

Of course they are going to tell you that they have a high placement rate, that is one of those types of schools major selling points. Its kind of like flipping through Flying magazine and seeing all those colorful ads for the big pilot mills with happy smiling pilot people and NW,DL,HP,etc logos plastered all over the ad. They want to give the impression that almost everyone gets hired..

I hear Delta is hiring street Captains, all you have to do is go to RAA.

Av8rPHX said:
Of course they are going to tell you that they have a high placement rate, that is one of those types of schools major selling points. Its kind of like flipping through Flying magazine and seeing all those colorful ads for the big pilot mills with happy smiling pilot people and NW,DL,HP,etc logos plastered all over the ad. They want to give the impression that almost everyone gets hired..

YES yes I know the guy is selling his company but back to my original question, Has anyone been through the Flight Officer Program?

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths that some will go just to become an RJ pilot.

Do your time as a CFI...don't go into debt...and don't PFT. You'll be better off for it in the long run. These pilot mills are crapola because they infect impressionable pilots with SJS and the false hope that there is a fast track to high paying pilot jobs.

Do a reality check RX7...hiring dried up at the majors about the same time concessionary contracts hit. Now, we're seeing whipsaw, alter ego carriers like GeauxJets and bankruptcy filings or sales of regionals plus low pay for our flying. When the legacy carriers or anyone else with big iron is hiring, they are looking for 1000 PIC with a 121 carrier. Right now, it's going to take you a while to get your 1000 PIC (like years). Spend a few more months as a CFI so you have 1200 TT, then you're at least part 135 insurable.

He mentioned that american eagle recruiters visit every class and hire the majority of the students.

Now why would anyone want to go to Eagle?

The experience you gain flight instructing will serve you well, in my opinion. It'll show you how to get along with people a lot different than yourself, which will come in handy when you have absolutely nothing in common with the person you're stuck in an aluminum tube with for an entire month.

You'll learn how to instruct without being a complete control freak, which will make you a much better captain when you upgrade and are flying with brand new FO's.

Plus, they're right- you really need to spend that kind of cash and keep paying it off for the next 10-15 years?

RAA will go sneakers-up at some point. If you are there when they file Chapt.11, your training and money will disappear.

Research the American Trans Air pilot, his crooked Delta father and their entire criminal family with the school in Florida called ATA (Airline Training Acacdemy).

They played students like you and stole millions.
http://www.ilsapproach.com/forum/2003.cgi?noframes;read=44614&expand=1#44614

Latest resources

Back