Regional Airline Acadamy

metalleg38

Does anyone have any thoughts or comments on this flight school???
Positive or Negitive.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!

DLconnection

Total Time
some
The schools is OK. Its a fairly new flight school w/ some descent equipment. Most of the instructors there are exRiddle students.

You can get your ratings done there at a descent price and fairly quick. I do seriously doubt their instructor placement in the airlines. Half of the instructors that u see in their success stories got their jobs through Embry Riddle.

The best advice that I can give you is to watch out for these schools that "Guarantee" you something. Also, DO NOT do their multi-crew transition course. Its a waste of money.

jdog78

Total Time
2500+
FSI is a good way to go

As a recent FSI grad, I would definitely reccomend the school to someone who is serious about making a career in aviation. I hesitated at first about the very premium prices they charge but i can say now that it was worth it. I'm sure you could get a great education at other schools like Comair or whatever, but the reputation FSI have is worth the extra money. The only program they have cut is the ASA bridge, for obvious reasons. For CFI candidates, there's a waiting list of over 50 for instructor slots. So i think i'll be heading somewhere else for CFI.
If quality instruction and rigorous, thorough training are what you want, go FSI. Otherwise, there are lots of other schools that are way cheaper.

jdog78

Total Time
2500+
OOPS

ignore my post...i put it on the wrong thread. Sorry.

-j

canadflyau

Total Time
80/mo
been there done that

I have been to RAA.. I got a job. there are many pros, and some cons..

The guy who said the embryo guys getting jobs through raa is not due to raa is not completely true. the guy on the top of their "success stories" page is evidence to that.

You can e-mail me for more info canadflyau@yahoo.com

Le Pilote

Total Time
na
Don't waste your money! Go Pt 61.

Bigdaddymike

fallujah.....BOOM!!
Total Time
canadflyau said:
I have been to RAA.. I got a job. there are many pros, and some cons..

The guy who said the embryo guys getting jobs through raa is not due to raa is not completely true. the guy on the top of their "success stories" page is evidence to that.

You can e-mail me for more info canadflyau@yahoo.com
How is the quality of training at RAA? How about a bridge program?

350DRIVER

metalleg38 said:
Does anyone have any thoughts or comments on this flight school???
Positive or Negitive.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!
bad flight school !

FlyChicaga

Total Time
shamrock said:
3 year old thread!
Which is totally evident since the responses about RAA are positive! :D

wmuflyguy

flunky
Total Time
5k+
LE pilot.

This is like the 3rd thread from 2002 you have ressurected, just feeling nastalgic tonite?

IrishFlyer

Wacky and Waving
Total Time
I know a guy that just finished there CRJ type program. He says he will have interviews set up for him. And he also said most of them will be ERJ operators such as XJET and he has a CRJ type go figure?. Are there people really getting jobs after coughing up the $20,000 and getting there type? 20K is a lot of money, I know I would rather put a down payment on a house.

IF

I Hate Freight

Total Time
A lot.
Le Pilote said:
Don't waste your money! Go Pt 61.
I couldn't agree more. While these academies may provide good training, it is just not necessary to spend that kind of money. I did all my ratings Part 61 and spent 20% of what the academies charge. I got my commercial/multi in 2001, then Sept 11, so I flew checks for two years and have now been flying RJ's at Eagle for 14 months.

IHF

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
Plus the guy in the ad looks like a turd!!:D

ILStoMinimums

Total Time
There was a guy in my class that got the CRJ type from RAA, cost him 15K. He had 560 TT. He is a nice guy, but I wouldn't recommend spending that money on a useless type rating.