• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regional 100 hour mulit requirement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looking for some advice on my current situation. Currently, I am an instructor with 1000 hours total time. The problem is I only have 20 hours multi. I have an opportunity to leave my instructing job and fly right seat in a conquest for a 135 operator. I would be able to log the 91 legs by logging it as dual received. The captain is an instructor and he would be able to sign me off as dual received. Would this time be exepted as meeting the 100 hour multi requirement at the regionals. My ultimate goal is to go to a quality regional (if there is such a thing). Any advice appreciated.

The fact that you are gaining experience as an instructor now looks far better than if you quit that to go get some shady multi experience.

ASA's mins are 50 multi. Can you get your MEI and provide some instruction? How about flying a twin part-time? Whatever you do, don't quit instructing and log 80 hours of multi time as dual received. Trust me, that will not go over well.

The quickest way to a good regional could be through a crappy regional. Seriously, 121 time looks really good to other airlines. Gulfstream is hiring off the street FOs with your qualifications, Great Lakes might take you.

Doesn't Lakes still require a training contract? If that's the case, he'd be better off in his instructing job.

Thanks for the advice. Now thinking about it some more and getting the feedback, I'm going to stay instructing. Although I am tired of saying right rudder! If I stay at this school I should be in the twin in two more months, which in the big picture is not that long.

Try Piedmont they hired me with 350/60
Psa is also hiring with wet commercial multi
Actually piedmont has a $5000 hiring bonus
Send me a resume and I will forward it to HR for you.

PDT signing bonus is gone.

Plenty of places who would die for a 1000+ hour pilot. Biggest disqualifier is NOT actively researching your options and sending out resumes.

TSA has been hiring guys with about 250TT 25 multi. I'd say give them a call and you would probably get the interview.

overqualified

you are almost overqualified for transstates. you can easily get on there. then if you want you can stay or go onto the regional of your choice. no contracts at transstates. but with upgrade at 9 months now and upgrade minimums at atp mins. you might want to just stay and get your pic 121. just posted october upgrades 21 fo moving up. a minimum of 10 a month and obviously more at times

Latest resources

Back