Regarding UAL Troubles

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DarnNearaJet:

Please refer to earlier posts. There were several people, meaning 100s, who got on at United without turbine PIC or in some cases without any turbine at all and not a minority. A good chunk of those were interns, but not all.

Whether it's fair or not that's how United hired.

All I am saying is that the minorities are unfairly singled out because most minorities do not get on at low times like people want to believe.

Ty:

If that is the best you have to offer in the way of FACTS then you really just need to be quiet.

As a white male who works for United I can honestly say the QUICKER you GET OVER IT the better off you will be.

It aint a fair world in Aviation or any other industry.

Valujet charged $12,000 to get a job, Airtran has HIRED many low time pilots, in fact I know one WHITE MALE who was hired with 1100TT without a Degree....USAirways has hired "Chicks" with low time as well as AMERICAN ("Friends of Cecil"comes to mind)

EVEN the World's GREATEST NAVY has done some of the same types of practices many of us complain about.

I for one ended falling for one of the Cutest Interns United has ever had, she worked her ass of....completed a 4 year Degree in 2.5 years, has worked for two regionals...I have learned that you can not judge a book by it's cover. Every airline has/will hire "Must Hires" facts of life.....GET OVER IT.

I know I did....a long time ago...

Affirmative Action

Affirmative action is just another term for discrimination. I saw it in the military when I served on promotion boards and our "Special Instructions" were to promote minorities based upon their percentage of the population in general, not even as a percentage of their smaller population in the service. You have to be a complete moron to think that present discrimination is somehow justified by past discrimination. Discrimination against any group at any time is equally abhorent. A meriticracy, where the most qualified individual is selected, is the only fair system.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back