• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Refute this!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Congrats bigD. Now that you've made that significant first in your life (I assume it's your first paying gig) I propose another first for you: Your first job recommendation! Wanna carry in my application?!? Anybody? Help!

Maybe later. I still need to get off my duff and grab that IFR/COMM/Multi stuff. Grrrrr.

Good on ya, though!

NaCl Mutt

Re: Re: Re: Refute this!

Falcon Capt said:
Well since you said "Every" and every being an absolute... your statement would be incorrect... You can't "except" an item while using an absolute that covers all...

Voyager 1 Spacecraft will never, ever return to earth... so in it's logbook there is 1 take-off and 0 landings

Sorry... but nice try... play again next week...

I didn't exect a moderator to play stupid internet tricks.

How about this wording for you. For all flying machines that rely upon the generation of aerodynamic lift to accomplish slipping the surly bonds, every such slippage will be followed by a return to terra firma.

Maybe this will work for ya, Every human dies. Even us.

Geez, Typhon gets frustrated with the attitudes here, and now everyone is trying to make his point. We're all crabby.

regards,
8N

Last edited:
This is too much fun.

Not quite sure if this is the right thread for this, but I have always loved the posts that begin with....

"I'm not trying to start a flame war, but..."

"I don't think this is PFT, but..."

"This doesn't sound like a scope issue, but..."

However, I KNOW this is the right thread for this reply-

Voyager 1 Spacecraft will never, ever return to earth... so in it's logbook there is 1 take-off and 0 landings

Oh yeah????...how do you know it will NEVER EVER return to Earth? Are you God? If so, can I please have a job at Delta? Please? PLEASE?
And, by the way.....who the H, E, double hockey sticks is logging time in Voyager 1? Do you think he ran out of food and water yet? :(

And one more just because I feel like it.

I LOVE TO FLY!

Actually you don't fly, the aircraft does. So, in reality you love to be a pilot.

Originally posted by flywithastick
If a man speaks in the woods with no woman around, is he still wrong?
What about if a woman is talking in the woods, and no one is around to hear her, is she still complaining?

(Don't tell my wife I said that!)

Originally posted by enigma
How about this wording for you. For all flying machines that rely upon the generation of aerodynamic lift to accomplish slipping the surly bonds, every such slippage will be followed by a return to terra firma.
What about an R.P.V. that gets vaporized as part of a nuclear test? What about an airplane that disappears in the Bermuda Triangle? "Terra firma" refers to land. Are you implying that airplanes never land on water?

How about this: pilots will argue about anything! (I'm sure it's in my contract somewhere...)

Geez, Typhon gets frustrated with the attitudes here, and now everyone is trying to make his point.
Oh I'm not really frustrated...just making an observation.

(Next, someone will jump up and yell, "no you're not, you're frustrated, you PFT dirtbag!)

Last edited:
turbo-

man, you have those too? I thought I was the only one! I'll tell you what, when I catch that dirty FA who gave those to me, I'm gonna.......

Re: hey mcpickle

feip said:
>>IVE GOT IT. Actualy I believe this is an old Egytian(sp) proverb.

"This To Shall Pass "<<

well...in the spirit of this thread...

actually, it should be, "This too shall pass."

1) too = "also"

2) period required to end sentence of proverb

3) avoid caps.

sorry...i just couldn't resist it.

Im getting cut on by Mr. Wizard.:rolleyes:

by the way I think my quote is the ONLY one yet to be refuted.:D

Last edited:
OK, OK, you Typhoon was trolling and I bit. My bad,

regards,
8N

BTW, anyone seen a real live 7000 year old human lately?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back