Redundant Question>>>

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tach32

Aerial photography, fire patrol, traffic watch, besides these and the CFI route, which is a better way to build up the total time FAST?
Lets face it, there are not a lot of jobs out there and to be competitive we need the TT.
I've gone the corporate route and I've done the 121 interview (still waiting to hear), but I absolutley hate the idea of waiting around in the meantime.
Does anyone know of any place that offers flying opportunities? Anywhere?!

The fastest way I've heard of is banner towing. I was planning on flying at a place in Myrtle Beach next summer where the pilots average 5-8 hours a day and about 700 hours a summer, but I didn't feel like paying 2 grand to train with them. If you feel like paying that much for the time, PM me and I'll give you the web address.

As for me, it looks like I'm sticking with the CFI route. It may take longer, but the quality of flight time is much greater.

Whatever you do, do not pay that kind of money to train to tow.

It dont take long to find out if you can tow or cannot tow.

What could possibly cost $2K for banner towing? (Unless you don't have enough tailwheel time to meet insurance mins..)

If fast time is all you want, write it in your logbook. You won't be going for skill or experienice, so fake it all and get on with it.

Did you really want the fastest way to get time, or the best way to become a good pilot with a future?

Build experience, not hours. There is a big difference between an hour of experience, and an hour of time.

AVBUG

I just wanted to let you know I did not appreciate your response. I agree with you saying build the experience and not the hours so that is why I was asking for any leads as to where I could find a JOB!!! I do have experience and not just the typical flight patterns! I have logged a lot of cross country time and a lot of actual IMC. I really enjoy the thrill and the gratification of flying an aircraft and the fact that I work hard at acquiring the knowledge and the ability to have my flights end with no added statistics to the NTSB is plain GREAT!
So next time, just give a little 2 sense instead of your smart a$$ comments that are not appreciated, much less to people that are on this board for some leadership! I hope to god that you are never my captain or vice versa, my FO!

tach32 said:
Aerial photography, fire patrol, traffic watch, besides these and the CFI route, which is a better way to build up the total time FAST?
Lets face it, there are not a lot of jobs out there and to be competitive we need the TT.
I've gone the corporate route and I've done the 121 interview (still waiting to hear), but I absolutley hate the idea of waiting around in the meantime.
Does anyone know of any place that offers flying opportunities? Anywhere?!

tach,
Please re-read the first sentence of your originating post.... Then please place yourself in your audience's perspective. How is the readership not to come to the understanding that Avbug did?

Wait a second here Tach. You have 1500 hrs. right? Not alot but not a minuscule amout by any means either. I'm not attacking you here but it seem's to me most guys have a plan of action figured out by that time.

Ok, well there are alot of way's. Go hang out at the airport and raise your hand for every **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** flying opp. available. A plethora of options will be there. Whether it be 134.5 pilot service, airplane rides, airplane demo's, ferry flying. Do you have tailwheel experience? That right there opens a whole other door.

The best experience per hour at that point in a carreer if not done already is teaching though. Get the CFI and go eat Ramen for a year. You'll learn more than you ever thought you could.

I flew traffic patrol full time and logged 6 hours a day. (3.5 in AM and 2.5 in PM) Also instructed in between. Traffic was great since it never no-showed on you!

Sorry Guys!

Guys, I think I was misunderstood.
I am looking for those fire patrol, traffic watch and aerial photo jobs! Does anyone know of any?
I currently airline from Tampa to Houston to fly left seat in a king air 200 for free only to turn around and airline home after the trip at my expense! I am paying my dues (realistically). I would just like to have the awesome experience of flying for one of these other operations to gain the "overall" experience. Trust me, I have been canceled many of times. I would just hate to lose the opportunity (when it does come around) because of my lack of TT. As it is, my multi makes me competitive, more than most because I bought my own plane and flew the hell out of it for angel flight (again at my expense). However, as it stands, me being a young slender female, a lot of pilots (I’m sure it’s because of their wives) turn their heads or tell me I’m not allowed when I show up at the airport and ask to ride along.
So that is all I was asking, all I'll repeat:
Does anyone know of a company, anywhere, hiring for traffic watch, aerial photos, or fire patrol?
Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Latest resources

Back