• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

reduction 12-01 at pinnacle is out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
get ready for a rough ride. If I had to do it all over again, I would leave. Oh wait. this is my second bankruptcy and if I learned anything from the last one-unless you are in the top 20%, leave as fast as you can. Mark my words. All the maybe scenarios still lead to one thing. You will see terrible schedules, loss of seniority because of less A/C, and at the end of the day you will still be at pinnacle

Is that 450 total? Weren't they saying 700-800 a few weeks ago? Maybe they are planning for a huge spike in attrition..

Over 18 months, and factoring in attrition and LOA/RA lines, there might only be a few people actually furloughed. On the down side, some of the junior guys might be furloughed at the worst time, since they need to get 1500TT by mid 2013... by the time they are recalled they might not qualify for their old job

That's actually not as bad as I thought it'd be. Heck, at NJA, 495 pilots were let go in a single day. Maybe the fact that you were already grossly understaffed is helping you. I can see they are pretty much counting on voluntary attrition to take care of some of their dirty work for them.
It just sucks that not many places are hiring right now.

Latest resources

Back