• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Red Arrow Grievance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep complaining about being able to see the red arrows and watch the company block your ability in a round about way.... :) Until then probably let your union do their work.... Nothing happens just because you think it should. We all know better then that.

The grievance will never be really settled, because it has no merit. There have been no contract violations. The MEC knows that. They probably filed the grievance to quell the natives. It is what is!

The grievance will never be really settled, because it has no merit. There have been no contract violations. The MEC knows that. They probably filed the grievance to quell the natives. It is what is!

It is a contract violation. They put in place more restricted days than allowed. They just called them "red arrow days" to get around the clause.

They don't care about QOL and I don't care about A14 and CF. Simple.

It is a contract violation. They put in place more restricted days than allowed. They just called them "red arrow days" to get around the clause.

You are correct, but I don't see us winning this one. Sometimes you get the devil and sometimes the devil gets you. It sucks, but given the overall state of things at our airline, between downgrades, furloughs, losing more aircraft soon and a terrible profit margin, we do have many other fish to fry.

And despite all that, we have much to be grateful for as far as pay and QOL compared to many of our contemporaries. Don't make me make a list.

But by all means, do take the time to chew your reps ears and beat this thing silly on the survey. It should be one of our top negotiating goals.

Well I have another list of things we have to be ungrateful for. I know things are much better at this place collectively as far as the operation goes, but our QOL has gone down the tubes the last year or so. And yes, I know someone will say I should be grateful to have a job-and I am-but how secure is the job really with constant downgrades and the company wanting more furloughs? Because we take it and let them have their red arrow days without much of a fuss more people are getting downgraded etc..

They don't care about QOL and I don't care about A14 and CF. Simple.

That may work in getting rid of red arrow days....As we lose more flying, there will be less red arrow days...Of course there will be more downgrades and more people on reserve.

There is no contract violation. Restricted days are not Red Arrow Days.

A Restricted Day is a day that Reserve Coverage is "below" adequate Reserve Coverage and on that day no swaps with open time will be allowed, but will allow pickups and pilot trades. The switch is "OFF." No swapping can occur on a Restricted day.

A Red Arrow Day indicates that the Reserve Coverage is at or near the Company's minimum, but adequate reserve staffing level to cover "only" unplanned absences and/or uncovered trips in Current Open Time. A swap may still be approved on a Red Arrow Day. Or, if not approved on the first attempt, may be approved the next day if a swap is resubmitted.

Read your contract.

Last edited:
There is no contract violation. Restricted days are not Red Arrow Days.

A Restricted Day is a day that Reserve Coverage is "below" adequate Reserve Coverage and on that day no swaps with open time will be allowed, but will allow pickups and pilot trades. The switch is "OFF." No swapping can occur on a Restricted day.

A Red Arrow Day indicates that the Reserve Coverage is at or near the Company's minimum, but adequate reserve staffing level to cover "only" unplanned absences and/or uncovered trips in Current Open Time. A swap may still be approved on a Red Arrow Day. Or, if not approved on the first attempt, may be approved the next day if a swap is resubmitted.

Read your contract.
I can't even count the number of times I've been denied a swap for a trip on the exact same days only to see it given to someone junior to me. The reason given..."not enough reserves", even breaks it down for me and mysteriously its always the same ratio...32 reserves needed/31 available...funny how it can always be the same.

I for one can't wait for real time open time that takes the human factor out of the approval process...come on PBS!

someone told me that they had a swap denied and were told it was because they thought that day would become a red arrow day-it wasn't one at the time..so what say you about that one?

Latest resources

Back